Options for a single 18650 light with deep D26 head

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a single 18650 cell light that takes the deeper/longer D26/P60 drop-ins. I know that the Leef body with C head is the obvious choice but these are hard to find.....so, what else is there that I could use to be able to fire up things like the FM-D26 with Strion, or maybe the Dereelight 5AQ2 LED.....The Dereelight would be an option but is the switch reliable? is it still the same design as the original light? (I did not particularly like that system)....or perhaps there is something else?....Reliability is important.

Scattergun

Enlightened
Any C-series compatible tube with a G&P tactical head will have ample room for the biggest dropins... That head paired with a UCL of suitable diameter is a real bargain for big dropins!

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any C-series compatible tube with a G&P tactical head will have ample room for the biggest dropins... That head paired with a UCL of suitable diameter is a real bargain for big dropins!

There are many C series tubes but most only hold the 17670 cell, the only one that I know that holds the 18650 is the Leef,......any others?

Metatron

Banned
P1010221.jpg

:whistle:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Metatron, nice light but isnt that a M head on that? I like something as small as possible that takes the 18650 but same idea......

Mungon

Newly Enlightened
ther is a link in the botom that leeds to a rew here on Cpf
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/187481[/url]

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
That one looks like a Dereelight.....I wonder what the quality of these things is like.....and has anybody used the latest Dereelight's and what is the switch like.

I have the Dereelight CL1H V4, the switch is very positive, a forward clickie so you have momentary by pressing the switch part way and then permanently on by pressing it all the way until it clicks. Exactly the same way as the switch on my SureFire 6P Defender.

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
What about this UF..... http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14027 Looks like a copy of SF. Has a "C" looking bezel and a 18650 body.....anybody have this and what is the switch like, could it operate a multi-level LED drop-in?

I have one I picked up and keep in the glovebox of my car. Accepts single and multilevel dropins, will take a 18650, the switch is a reverse clickie, it is not really anodised. The paint (or what looks like paint) is coming off the switch on the rear.

Basically a (really) cheap knockoff of the SF C2. You get what you pay for, it is a cheap P60 host.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one I picked up and keep in the glovebox of my car. Accepts single and multilevel dropins, will take a 18650, the switch is a reverse clickie, it is not really anodised. The paint (or what looks like paint) is coming off the switch on the rear.

Basically a (really) cheap knockoff of the SF C2. You get what you pay for, it is a cheap P60 host.

I decided to get one of these to play with......I am partial to "C" type heads and have a number of them on various lego lights, (none of them are SF) I like the anti-roll feature......on this light I also like the the ability to tailstand and that it takes the 18650 cell, it has all the features that I am looking for. I only hope that the switch will last for a reasonable time. Most likely I will install the FM-D26/Strion drop-in and see how this works out.