*HELP* : Want E2DL Beam + 2 Stage clicky without ~STRIKE BEZEL~

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are my options, if any?

I loved the beam and 2 stage clicky of the E2DL, but wasn't
fond of the strike bezel.

Love the 120 Lumen beam...I guess you cant win em all.

matt0

Enlightened
IIRC, The guts of the E2DL Head can be swapped with the guts from any of the KX- heads and E1B head. The top part of the bezel should be able to fit on any of those heads as well. Maybe if you find an E1B owner that wants the same beam characteristics and a strke bezel, you could swap the top parts.. :thinking:

alantch

Enlightened
I loved the beam and 2 stage clicky of the E2DL, but wasn't fond of the strike bezel.
Same here. Been thinking of filing down the crenelations to make it flat, but not sure how much effort that's gonna take. Guess I'll know when I give it a try - and that's a BIG if.

AMRaider

Enlightened
Once you get through the anodized layer, sanding down the crenelations should be pretty easy. Just be careful not to scratch the window. Cheers.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E1B head is 80 lumens. The E2DL head is 120 lumens.
The KX2C head is also 120 lumens and sold as a replacement head. It does not have the sharp teeth of the E2DL and is only one level, high. However it has the exact same beam as the E2DL on high.

If your looking for a two stage you would have to settle for the E1B which is a one cell light and a little dimmer but it does not have the sharp teeth of the E2DL.

Bill

matt0

Enlightened
This is the only picture I could find with the top part of a KX2 removed. You could unscrew the bezel/optic part on the E2DL and replace it with the bezel/optic from an E1B or a KX2C
I hope Crenshaw doesn't mind me borrowing the pic (rehosted)
kx2bezelis0.jpg