Film Help

fluke

Enlightened
OK I remember watching a film some years ago, about a boy driving across America (I think) he was too small to reach the pedals and had to use wooden blocks tied to his feet, he was travelling across America collecting some sort of token from gas stations to win a prize, which apparently never really existed, he finds out towards the end of the film.

That's the gist of it any ideas folks ??
This has been driving me mad for months, I have searched Goggle for hours on end using 100's of different terms, phrases.

I thought it was this actor who played the lead role,

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0198925/

But obviously not.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, but I do not know your film. The only movie that comes to my mind with wooden blocks to reach pedals is "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".

The best advice I can give you is to post it on the "I Need to Know" board on the IMDb forums. Although the clientele there has become stupider and/or younger recently, it's still the largest community of people who might know this kind of stuff.

spock

Enlightened
fluke, it is one of my favorite movies. the name of it is "motorama". the lead role is played by Jordan Christopher Michael. i did the same thing trying to think of the name of a kids movie that i liked. searched the internet everywhere. finally about six months later some woman said, oh you mean "the iron giant" by walt disney. duh! both are good movies.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wasn't the kid all messed up by the end? Covered in bruises and sporting an eye-patch, and not for fun.

Last edited:

Dawg

Enlightened
A review from cookieman108®.

Review By cookieman108 "cookieman108®" (Inside the jar...) -

Written by Joseph Minion (After Hours, Vampire's Kiss) and directed by Barry Shils (Wigstock: The Movie), Motorama (1991) stars Jordan Christopher Michael ("Full House", The Favor) as Gus, a ten year old boy from a dysfunctional family who decides one day to take it on the road. ................

Last edited by a moderator:

fluke

Enlightened
fluke, it is one of my favorite movies. the name of it is "motorama". the lead role is played by Jordan Christopher Michael. i did the same thing trying to think of the name of a kids movie that i liked. searched the internet everywhere. finally about six months later some woman said, oh you mean "the iron giant" by walt disney. duh! both are good movies.

You sir are a saviour :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs
I have been pulling my hair out about this for close to a year.

Strange but I thought it had something to do with videorama/videodrome, so sort of close :laughing: