Favorite Malkoff "M" Drop-in?

What is your favorite Malkoff "M" drop-in?

• Total voters

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the spirit of these wonderful beauties now in production, I thought it'd be interesting to see which "M" is your favorite?

M60 for me all the way!

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
This was a hard one for me, with a toss up between the M60 and the M60L. But when it comes down to it, that's a massive amount of light that spews out of the M60 and it lights up any situation, no matter how dark it is.

The M60L is darn sweet, too, but when it comes down to it, the M60 is the king of the jungle.

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
I have the M60 and M60F. I really like both of these but I think I prefer the M60 just a fraction more. My M60 is slightly more floody (sp?) than another one I saw and so the hot spot moves very smoothly into the corona which is probably why I like that light.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
It's the M60 for me, I have mine installed in my SF D3 Defender. I use 2 17500 Li-on batteries, and between the brightness and the runtime it is my favorite light to walk my dog with.

H.D.T. = Happy Dark Trails

fireboltr

Enlightened
Dang.....

I really cant vote on this....
All of Genes's products are top notch and fill the needs they are designed for to the fullest.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
My vote is for the M60L.

Bright enough for almost anything without any battery power being wasted in producing excess heat, that way you can run it as long as you want at a stretch in the G series if need be.

Naturally though to each their own!

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ugh - just redeemed a $25 "gear bucks" card at Eastern Mountain Sports - had to spend $50 to get the $25 off so I decided to finally get a G2 incan and a 6 pack of batteries (exactly $50!!). Great deal!!!

So.... now I need another Malkoff :naughty:

I think I'm going to go for another M60L and use the G2 as a real "beater" - so far I can't conceive of leaving one of my SFs loose in a bag without a sheath...

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well to properly answer this question one would have to try them all... but this weekend I hope to try at least 3 different ones.

I also wish the M30 was a regular item, it may soon be, but I don't have an ideal host for it right now anyway so I'll wait to see what Gene does with all his free time now that the M60 will be manufactured by someone else. I don't have one of those because I got the M60F first and when I look at the light I like, I always prefer some flood, but I wish I did have one just to confirm my preference. I'll see how I like the narrow beam on the M60L compared to the M60F and decide that way I hope.

SnWnMe

Enlightened
Well I just ordered a M60. I don't believe this. My SF isn't even two weeks old and this site has me upgrading with no real need for it (235 lumens???). But when is it ever strictly about need right? :naughty:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel your pain, bullfrog! I just bought another host for, uh, another Malkoff.

Another M60 on the way as of today. Sheesh. :clap:

Haha - enjoy it!

Pulling the trigger on another M60L for that G2 as soon as they are back in stock...

Has anyone noticed any difference at all (other than superficial) with the new production Malkoffs?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I just ordered a M60. I don't believe this. My SF isn't even two weeks old and this site has me upgrading with no real need for it (235 lumens???). But when is it ever strictly about need right? :naughty:

Its like using premium unleaded in your carrera 4S or adding a wall mount to your 65 inch sony lcd = A NO BRAINER! :rock:

Enjoy!!!

Last edited: