Tail standable 6P replacment tail caps?

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
I need a "tail standable" replacement tail cap to fit a SF 6P. With Leef stuff coming slowly who else makes a "protected button" tail stand tail cap?

OR...

Does someone make a "ring" that can be added to the 6P tail cap?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Last edited:

ElGreco

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire Z49 is shrounded and Type II anodized to match the 6P, but I can't tell you if the shround is stable enough to tailstand. Though it seems quite a few users around here can. Anyone?

*Edit: Z49, thanks jake*

Last edited:

IPSC_GUY

Newly Enlightened
WOW thanks for the quick responses, any aftermarket solutions? besides the SF tail caps?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

PseudoFed

Enlightened
WOW thanks for the quick responses, any aftermarket solutions? besides the SF tail caps?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA

Personally I recommend sticking with SF tailcaps. All switches can fail, especially clickies, but SFs are the most reliable IMO. Otherwise it's like having a Porsche Carrera and showing your buddy under the hood and he says "nice engine. what is it?". You say: "1993 Ford Fiesta." with enthusiasm.

matt0

Enlightened
Last I checked, there were two Leef tailcaps for sale in the Marketplace. I really like mine. I like the click action of the McClicky more than the Z59 from SF.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I recommend sticking with SF tailcaps. All switches can fail, especially clickies, but SFs are the most reliable IMO.
I prefer the McClicky to the switches in the Surefire tailcaps. Unfortunately, that doesn't help OP, since the Leef and RPM tailcaps have become scarce.

To the OP... user Nekomane previous make some delrin shrouds for the C-series clicky tails, but they're even tougher to come by than the aforementioned McClicky-based tailcaps. With so many aftermarket E-series tailcaps and accessories, I'm surprised there aren't more C-series options.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

I think I am going to try and mod this cap with a McGizmo McClicky... I think it will work, if the McClicky thread pitch matches.

http://www.lighthound.com/McGizmo-McClicky-Switch-Module-with-rubber-boot_p_6-1232.html#

The cheap clicky in that DX cap feels really "sticky", it makes a creeky-door kind of sound when its half-pressed.... a failure waiting to happen, IMHO. If it works, it will be a really nice low-budget alternative.

Last edited:

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I am going to try and mod this cap with a McGizmo McClicky... I think it will work, if the McClicky thread pitch matches.

http://www.lighthound.com/McGizmo-McClicky-Switch-Module-with-rubber-boot_p_6-1232.html#

The cheap clicky in that DX cap feels really "sticky", it makes a creeky-door kind of sound when its half-pressed.... a failure waiting to happen, IMHO. If it works, it will be a really nice low-budget alternative.

Thanks for the heads-up on this switch from Lighthound.....I have the UF C1 light on order, if I dont like the original switch in the tailcap this could be a good alternative.......let us know if it works :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Sure, I'll keep you posted on my results.

Just placed the order with Lighthound. Total came to $13 shipped for the switch.:thumbsup:

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My clickies will tail stand and work on a 6P.... They utilize the McClickie switch and I've tried to accommodate both SF lights and Leef bodies by offering a different internal jamnut. PM for more info.

This pic is from the first run. The black anodize on the first run had more gloss to them like a 6P or C2 finish
IMG_4329.jpg

Here are the latest ones... (the switch has not been installed yet) The newer run is more matte like a U2.
Right now I only have the plain style (less the trit slots) in stock.
P9050111_2.jpg

P9050117_2.jpg

lightemup

Flashaholic*
A tip that may work for you as well as it works for me:

Use the Rubber Shroud from a AA Maglite Lens Kit, and attach it to your 6p tailcap. Voila :) and easily removable as necessary. I've got one on my g2z at the moment.

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took one of those "Lightsaver" tailcaps, ripped out the stock
switch and replaced it with a McClicky.
The standard Lightsaver only works on incan lights :(