Finally got my Jet-I PRO IBS; first impressions.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Just got my Jet-I PRO IBS today and I like it, especially the balance between throw/flood and the 3 quickly available modes.

One of the things that seems a little hard to understand was when I did some comparisons with my beloved D10 shining them out into the woods and up at the tops of some big spruce we have in the yard.

For some reason, although the 2 lights seem to be fairly equal in apparent brightness, the Jet-I PRO IBS suggested better contrast and detail, at least to my eyes.

The only other thing I could notice that may have had an effect was a slightly warmer tone and I'd love to hear if anyone else has noticed differing contrast and easier viewability due to tint alone, or is there more at work here that I'm missing?

Just took a break from typing and went out for a walk with the Jet-I PRO IBS, my D10 and L1D.

Having read of how well the Jet-I PRO IBS does for throw I was happy with how well the D10 did, or for that matter the L1D and it appears that the ways in which the 3 lights compare seems like a contest hard to decide, considering personal tastes and usage.

For tint I love the Fenix, for up close work/low light both the Jet-I PRO IBS and D10 are perfect and for throw or contrast I like the Jet-I PRO IBS best, followed very closely by the D10.

One of the only things I don't like about the Jet-I PRO IBS for EDC is the noticeably larger size, especially when compared with the D10, which immediately takes it out of consideration for me. Shouldn't be of any concern for someone using a sheath for carry.

I can easily imagine some finding it to be the perfect EDC, especially considering how many MiniMag's I still see on peoples belts.

All great lights, I'm glad to add the Jet-I PRO IBS to my collection and I believe I now have my Maglite replacement for the van!

Gator762

Enlightened
I was tempted with BugOutGear's twofer sale this past weekend... But then I thought my wallet would hate me. :(

Oink

Newly Enlightened
I was tempted with BugOutGear's twofer sale this past weekend... But then I thought my wallet would hate me. :(

Same situation. But I now have all the model names sorted out and will probably take the plunge when BugOut have it next unless Liteflux comes up with a fixed LF5XT first

Thanks for the impression.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Maybe I'll pick up an LF5XT too, but I'm definitely going to have to get another Jet-I Pro IBS because I just gave it away to a really good friend last night and he gave me back the L1D that he was considering.

One of the only things neither one of us really however is the difficulty of switching due to the access being so tight.

With this in mind, does anyone know of any options available to make switching easier? Short of cutting the tail down to make the switch stick out or gluing something to the end of the switch I'd like any suggestions other owners may have.

Anyway I know I liked it well enough that I'll have to replace it. Maybe I'll get a couple of them if it comes up in a two-fer sale. :D

Last edited: