Fenix P1D Q5: Bad power regulation?

sinthemau

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
just arrived a P1D: it is very nice but I suppose it has a problem: no differences between the first 2 light levels, they are the same! The third level is "low" and next are "strobe" and "SOS", but no way to have Turbo and Normal, they are the same!
I believe that is missing Turbo mode.
Anyone have ideas about this behavior and if it can be fixed...it's quite irritating! :sick2: :mecry: :sick:
Cheers
Maurizio

LiteShow

Newly Enlightened
The difference between high mode and turbo mode is not always obvious. The human eyes may not always detect the difference with just doubling the lumen output. The best way is to either use a light meter or compare the outputs against another flashlight.

BTW, Marduke has got a point. Weak cells may not be able to deliver the hight current for turbo mode. The last time I measured the current, it was like 350ma for high mode and 1050ma for turbo mode.

Dennis

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like weak cells. That's the first thing you notice when cells are weak - turbo is not as bright. Sometimes even the high is not as bright either.

sinthemau

Newly Enlightened
Observing light from torch in effect seems that the cell is not the strongest I ever seen... The brightest level is surely Strobe mode, where current demand is not continuous, so it really could be a matter of delivered current. This evening I will do tests with other cells and report here.
For now thanks to all
Maurizio

sinthemau

Newly Enlightened
:twothumbs Luckily it was only a matter of a new but bad cell!
With a fresh and good new one the P1D has all the light levels... and shoot good.
I.E. BATTERIES ARE REALLY VERY IMPORTANT!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Thanks to all and nice light

maurizio