novatac programming help

Jeep olllllo

Newly Enlightened
Howdy. I am the proud new owner of a 120P and I need a bit of help getting it to program. I installed a new battery. I did the battery detect reset, I even did the factory settings reset. I also removed the battery and let the light sit for 10 minutes, but for some reason I cant get it to ramp up or ramp down to be able to change light levels. I am "click-click-press-holding" until my fingers hurt! anyone have any ideas?

FWIW i am able to get into the options mode....just not the light level mode.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am "click-click-press-holding" until my fingers hurt! anyone have any ideas?

That's really odd. If you can get into the options menu setting, then your click switch is working properly. No ramping up/down sounds like a faulty board or some kind of peculiar emitter issue.

When you try ramping up/down, are you doing it only in the main setting (i.e. when you first turn the light on)? If so, do a double-click to get to the 2nd setting and try the click-click-press there. Also, try triple-click to get to the 3rd setting and try ramping up/down there as well.

At the very least, does click-hold from the main setting bring you to maximum output? If the brightness increases, then you can rule out an emitter issue (assuming of course your main setting is not at maximum level).

Also, try going into the options menu and using the various modes, see what happens.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok. Click click press and keep pressing. It should cycle through while your holding the button down. Try another factory reset (unscrew the head or tail, when light comes on, press and hold while light gets bright, dim, then turns off. Then try click click press from on and the light should ramp. If it does not, you probably have an electronics issue in the head.
Also, does your button work consistantly or does it sometimes not activate when you push it?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, this is an odd one...... but be sure and try a new battery. Also, make sure you clean both ends of the big interior spring and both areas that it touches at each end in the tailcap and head.

Jeep olllllo

Newly Enlightened
ok. Click click press and keep pressing. It should cycle through while your holding the button down. Try another factory reset (unscrew the head or tail, when light comes on, press and hold while light gets bright, dim, then turns off. Then try click click press from on and the light should ramp. If it does not, you probably have an electronics issue in the head.
Also, does your button work consistantly or does it sometimes not activate when you push it?

That did it! I was misunderstanding the instructions. The instructions say to "Click-click-press-hold". I took this to mean the following 4 steps:

1. click once then let go
2. click again then let go
3. press (same as a click but longer) then let go
4. then hold the button down.

clearly this was my problem as I was letting go of the button and then depressing the button again and holding it down.

I think the instructions should say the following:

1. click once then let go
2. click again then let go
3. depress and hold the button (do not let go )

anyone else have this issue.....or am I the only moron?

Thanks for the help everyone.

PseudoFed

Enlightened
You're not the only moron....:D

I have a new 120P too. It take a few tries, but once you got it, you got it (a terrificly versatile light that is). Good job!

iTorch

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, it takes a few goes to get it right - but once you do you will be happy, and if you screw up you can just reset and start again-the voice of experiance...