Streamlight Nano> Awesome!

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
Way back when I first got interested in flashlights (about two weeks ago), someone mentioned these. Since i was ordering a bunch of E01s and fauxtons form Lighthound, I had two of these thrown in the box. Not expecting much, when I turned it on, I had to look at my hand to make sure that was where the light was coming from.
For momentary use just push the front with your finger. Various tests indicate 6-8 hrs. constant use. For me that translates to about two years. Thanks for the tip on this one. It's just like a flashlight only smaller.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use one as a zipper pull on my tent.At night I attach it to the loop on the ceiling of my tent and it makes a nice tent light.Simple,effective and cheap.:D

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that may have been me that mentioned them. I think they are pretty cool, they not only have style but they really work. I put one on my coat zipper right now, but it also works great clipped to a D-ring on cargos, or a zipper on a carry bag. They make pretty good reading lights if you have something to hold them right or can place them correctly. A small eyeglass attachment would be neat. I fun toy that can do serious jobs.

popcornpicker

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, StandardBattery, it was you that gave me this recommendation. I just couldn't find the right thread. I'll get more of these. For the price and size, I can't find anything close.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! I never seen this little buggers before, gonna have to get me some. They seem to be plenty bright too.. chek this pic I found:

nanocompare.jpg

kramer5150

Flashaholic
:twothumbs:twothumbs

They sell those at my local Frys for $12.
Hows the regulation?
IMHO CPF needs more Nichia CS/GS lights!!

That beam-pic doesn't add up. How could a legit Surefire 60 Lumens look so dim? Nichia-GS emitters spit out, what 10-15 L tops? It looks like an auto-everything point/shoot compensating for the difference

thanks for sharing though

Last edited:

David.s

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 from the tool van that comes into my work, and i love them, fantastic little lights, iv been using mines nearly everyday for at least 8 months and its the original batteries thats in them.

Mark A.

Newly Enlightened
Lighthound sells them for $6.

BrightGuy sells them for $8, and has very reasonable prices on batteries. If you would buy 392 batteries from say Home Depot, you'd pay around $3.00 each, so a swap-out would cost $12 (twice what a new light sells for).

They are great little lights.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
Agreed. For the price point, tiny size, bright output and available online cheap batteries these make great lights. Good Christmas stocking stuffers. It may turn the non flashaholic into a inadvertent every day carrier due to it's diminutive size and simple operation. Include spare cells with the gift.

lightplay22

Enlightened
I just ordered 3 from I believe Penn state or something like that. They were on ebay for $23.99 buy it now and that does include shipping. Eastern Penn is the correct name.

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a couple from LH! I also ordered a bunch of AG3 batteries from DX. Thanks for the beamshots.

The wife saw the nano and had to have one also. She already has 4 lights on her keychain. :devil:

ypsifly

Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply.

I bought a Key-Mate Titanium last year and I'm still impressed by how bright it is for such a little guy. Does the Nano outperform? Either way I'll probably buy one since they are cheap and I really like Streamlight.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs:twothumbs

That beam-pic doesn't add up. How could a legit Surefire 60 Lumens look so dim? Nichia-GS emitters spit out, what 10-15 L tops? It looks like an auto-everything point/shoot compensating for the difference

thanks for sharing though
Yeah, it looked funny to me too , this was found doing a little Google, not my pic though..