Outdoors C2/M60F, TK11, E1B, CLH1-Q2, M6

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
First sorry I don't have any pictures, but these are more thoughts that anything else.

I went out after dark to do a flashlight test with some of my newer lights. I forget the most important point about going out in the woods... "cover up or you risk being eaten alive by bugs". This cut the test a little short, but still it was interesting.

Personal Observations.
The E1B is a great light outdoors and has a fantastic throw for such a small light/head. I'm also liking it indoors even more now with the F04 diffuser attached. Surefire hit a home run here. Outdoors is was very similar in performance to my CLH1/18650 running the early dual mode manual dropin which I believe is a Q2. This light has always been a pretty good mini-thrower. The E1B beat out the M60F... so I guess I'll be getting an M60 for testing. However the M60F was great on the trails and has a gorgeous beam. It's extra lumens though couldn't make up for the E1Bs optic when it comes to throw.

The TK11 really is an amazing light. It was the brightest LED I had on a down range target. However the M6 was as bright, or brighter and rendered targets much better. I've not used the M6 in a long time, but I'm going to use it more to remind myself there is still room for improvements in LEDs. The color and beam of the M6 was also great on the trails the extra definition was very noticable and nice. Some of the LEDs did very well also though if kept to a fairly near field view of the trail.

The Malkoff M60F didn't do quite as well as I thought it might, but I've only had it in a light for less than a day so I'm still finding it's strong points besides the obvious flawless beam. I've put it in a C2-HA host which I'm really loving.

I also gave a little time to my FlashCrazy P4 modded Coast. I still love this light and it did great on the trails, but I was surprized the slight fog/mist in the error seemed to cut the throw a lot shorter than I had thought. It wasn't running fresh batteries however, so it may not have been at optimal performance. Call me crazy, but I still like this light out doors.

Well there you have it, all that babling just to say the E1B and TK11 really surprised me, and I'm happy I have lots of great lights to play with.

Shine On!