I really really want one of these! (E1L-BK)

H2Orower

Enlightened

I believe it's been asked before, but what's the story with this light? Was it a limited production for another country or something? Has anyone ever seen one for sale here on CPFMP? Thanks.

I've heard people refer to their "holy grail" lights. I guess this is mine. :candle:

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: I really really want one of these! (EIL-BK)

You can make one with an E1e-BK, which is HA. Add a black LED head and a Z68. Not sure what LED head you'll find in HA, though. The now-dated KL1 was available in BK HA, as was the KL4. The KX2c won't run on a single primary cell (at least, mine won't). Not sure whether the KX1 was available in BK HA...someone will chime in on this.

Illum

Flashaholic
Re: I really really want one of these! (EIL-BK)

well, AFAIK the guy to ask is ttran97, though I presume there exists a model name EX1-BK I have no way to finding it out.

According to testing from user carrot the KX1's boosting circuit is more discriminating than that of the L1, that is to say it will not turn on with depleted batteries that the surefire L1 can still perform with. :sigh:

I think your better off using rechargeables if your going to go with that setup. Z68s exist on surefires scoutlight weaponlight models
EDITED with CORRECT INFO:thanks:

The lego'd light your referring too looks absurdly similiar to my home EDC: the TW4-BK, essentially a E1e-BK body, E2D Tailcap, a KL4-BK head bought from BST in CPFM, and an AWRCR123A available from lighthound, the KL4 will function on a cr123A but its significantly more dimmer with a longer runtime.:eek:

E2D-BK+KL4-BK, E1e-BK

Swap the heads and tails

In this day and age I'd suggest buying a E2DL [entire light or preferrably just the head and tail] and look for a E1e/E1L-BK [entire light or preferrably just the body] as a more cost effective choice, that is...if your going to stick with the lego selection for the duration of its life..otherwise I'd consider buying whole lights for each. In time you'll realize and appreciate each of the components and hey! you never know, what you might like might not be the style you really want now:grin2:

happy Legoing
:D

Last edited:

H2Orower

Enlightened
Thanks guys. Yeah, I thought of the "Lego" option, but it's not really possible in this situation. I do have a new E1E-BK coming my way via LAPG.com, and I have several Z68s (they can be ordered separately, but are running low on supply from what I've read elsewhere), but the problem is the lack of a KX1-BK led head. That's what really makes the E1L-BK what it is afterall.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I just realized something interesting
google has NO results on E1L-BK except that of supplemental resullts regarding/disregarding CPF.

If this E1L-BK is that rare it might actually be a holy grail of sorts:nana:

H2Orower

Enlightened
I just realized something interesting
google has NO results on E1L-BK except that of supplemental resullts regarding/disregarding CPF.

If this E1L-BK is that rare it might actually be a holy grail of sorts:nana:

That figures. Now I want it even more! :mad:

Edit: I did find this google result - http://www.surefire.jp/news/morenews.php?p_cnt=12&p_arrSel[date]=

Here's the very rough Japanese to English translation via google translator: http://translate.google.com/transla..._arrSel%5Bdate%5D=&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

http://translate.google.com/transla...13&p_arrSel[date]=&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en

Apparently it's pretty rare indeed.

Last edited:

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
There was a BM store here in Hawaii that had a peg full of KX1-BK on the shelf, and I think they were 1st gen. (single stage). I may have to go down and pick one more up.

Bill

Illum

Flashaholic
now you tell us!:duh2:

darn, I have to pick one off of you now, I have no sources in Hawaii in which to buy from.

group buy!?
:grouphug:

H2Orower

Enlightened
There was a BM store here in Hawaii that had a peg full of KX1-BK on the shelf, and I think they were 1st gen. (single stage). I may have to go down and pick one more up.

Bill

Please tell us the name and location of this store so I can call them and ask about shipping. That would be very much appreciated. Are you certain that they are black KX1s? Perhaps they are black KL1s or KX1s in HA color? Either way, thanks for the info.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a KL1-BK-HA from OpticsHQ. IIRC, I have been told by several different sources that there were not KX1-BK-HAs made, but with SureFire it's hard to say "never."

Illum

Flashaholic
... but with SureFire it's hard to say "never."

this is true IMO, as previously stated in the "Surefire restricted outside US" thread it may be likely that certain models are available in locations and other locations that are absent of them....judging from the magnitude of surefires product line and the sophistication it adds in the process with international manufacturing...I think the safest thing we can say concerning the existence of KX1-BK's is we don't know:candle:

Then again, since Hawaii isn't geographically part of mainland US...:whistle:
Braddah_Bill, I hope you didn't raise our hopes up for nothing:tinfoil:

thegeek

Enlightened

Bill

I don't suppose it's somewhere I can drive to without the superferry?

H2Orower

Enlightened

Well, I'm so eager to find out that I started to make some calls. Surefire lists 6 authorized dealers in the state of HI (all in Honolulu) and I called the first two this evening with no luck. I'll try the other 4 tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll continue my search closer to home for a KL1-BK at least.

JNewell said:
I bought a KL1-BK-HA from OpticsHQ. IIRC, I have been told by several different sources that there were not KX1-BK-HAs made, but with SureFire it's hard to say "never."

Thanks JNewell. I'll give them a call. Their website only lists KL1-HA-WH. Has it been a while since you got your black one from them?

Last edited:

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened

LOL dude, its up on Young Street a couple of blocks Diamond Head of Safeway.

Guys I'll go and check it out on Tuesday (day off) and get back to you all.

Bill

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
this is true IMO, as previously stated in the "Surefire restricted outside US" thread it may be likely that certain models are available in locations and other locations that are absent of them....judging from the magnitude of surefires product line and the sophistication it adds in the process with international manufacturing...I think the safest thing we can say concerning the existence of KX1-BK's is we don't know:candle:

Then again, since Hawaii isn't geographically part of mainland US...:whistle:
Braddah_Bill, I hope you didn't raise our hopes up for nothing:tinfoil:

Like I said, let me check. I just know that they were BLACK, there maybe a chance that they are KL1s

H2Orower, give them a call, Security Equipment Corp. I'll see if I can get down there on Tuesday.

Bill

H2Orower

Enlightened
Like I said, let me check. I just know that they were BLACK, there maybe a chance that they are KL1s

H2Orower, give them a call, Security Equipment Corp. I'll see if I can get down there on Tuesday.

Bill

Thanks Braddah_Bill. They were on my list to call. If they are KL1s then I've found a couple places here on the mainland that I can order from if I decide I would like to go that route. The KX1 is really what I prefer. Mahalo.

Edit: Just called Security Equipment Corp. The gentleman told me the KX1s he has are not black but "matte". I'm pretty sure he was referring to HA. He just said they were not black for sure. Oh well. :shrug:

Last edited:

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Edit: Just called Security Equipment Corp. The gentleman told me the KX1s he has are not black but "matte". I'm pretty sure he was referring to HA. He just said they were not black for sure. Oh well. :shrug:

I went down and talked to Bob (same guy you called). We were both scratching our heads trying to remember if the KX1s were black, he even said he thinks he sold a couple, but with no stock left we can't be sure.

I did pick up a KX2-BK to round out my collection, as I'm a real nut for the Sure Fire K-line of lights.

Kseries.jpg

Bill

H2Orower

Enlightened
I went down and talked to Bob (same guy you called). We were both scratching our heads trying to remember if the KX1s were black, he even said he thinks he sold a couple, but with no stock left we can't be sure.

I did pick up a KX2-BK to round out my collection, as I'm a real nut for the Sure Fire K-line of lights.

Thanks again for the info and for checking the store again. Nice collection of lights, also. I see you're a fan of the shrouded tailcaps. So am I. Are the HA colored caps a McGizmo cap? Where would one purchase such tailcaps?

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened

Illum

Flashaholic
Ttran97 replied by PM, as far as he knows there has been no kX1-BK's produced..I'm pretty sure what Braddah_Bill may have saw was of the KL series...but until he returns with pictures it only a personal assumption:whistle: