Surefire E1B

dtsoll

Enlightened
I am really liking the E1B, what are your thoughts on this light and where is the best place to get one? Thanks folks! Doug:)

H2Orower

Enlightened
I am really liking the E1B, what are your thoughts on this light and where is the best place to get one? Thanks folks! Doug:)

:thumbsup: My favorite light.

As far as where to get one, there are lot's of options. As you're probably aware, the price on the E1B just went up on Sep. 1st from $110 to $149, but if you look around you'll find some vendors still selling at the old price. Here are two that I know of off the top of my head:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/sue1bbaleddu.html

http://www.servicelighting.com/Surefire-31114-E1B-BK-WH-SureFire-LED-Flashlight

Also, I'd check your local retail stores here and see if they have some old stock with the $110 price.

Regardless of where you find one, just get one!..You'll like it. And don't forget the Z68 tailcap! :)

Last edited:

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks folks, I went ahead and ordered one from lapolicegear. I have ordered from them before. I wasnt seeing them at that price elsewhere, i was gonna wait if they were 149 but as always you CPFers are on top of things!!! Thanks again!! Doug:) Now i hope it hurries up and gets here, it will be my official fall (halloween) light.

dcbeane

Newly Enlightened
I just bought one from an Ebay seller for $110. shipped.
Missed one on the sales forum for $95. shipped but you folks keep harping on the price increase so why wait?...... now I gotta give the wife the cash and take some lumps? :sigh:

:crackup:

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
:thumbsup: My favorite light.

As far as where to get one, there are lot's of options. As you're probably aware, the price on the E1B just went up on Sep. 1st from $110 to $149, but if you look around you'll find some vendors still selling at the old price. Here are two that I know of off the top of my head:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/sue1bbaleddu.html

http://www.servicelighting.com/Surefire-31114-E1B-BK-WH-SureFire-LED-Flashlight

Also, I'd check your local retail stores here and see if they have some old stock with the $110 price.

Regardless of where you find one, just get one!..You'll like it. And don't forget the Z68 tailcap! :)

Where can I get the z68 tailcap? can't seem to find it.

cl0123

Enlightened
A couple more places perhaps:

B&H Photo - :thumbsup: Very reputable dealler!
Optics Planet* - Yet to buy from them but it seems popular around here.

*Not 100% but I am 51% sure the cap showing on the Optics Planet link may not be the Z68. Optics Planet is showing a crenellated tail cap from an E2D. The real Z68 should be flush-round and non-crenellated.

With Aloha,

Clarence

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
A couple more places perhaps:

B&H Photo - :thumbsup: Very reputable dealler!
Optics Planet* - Yet to buy from them but it seems popular around here.

*Not 100% but I am 51% sure the cap showing on the Optics Planet link may not be the Z68. Optics Planet is showing a crenellated tail cap from an E2D. The real Z68 should be flush-round and non-crenellated.

yes, I did notice that. Would it still fit? Thanks.

cl0123

Enlightened
E-series caps are good on E-series bodies. E-series is new to me but there are many threads describing people changing them out. Assuming (other CPF'ers can chime in) that the 2-stage output is controlled by electronics in the head, I believe both the Z68 and the crenellated E2DL tail caps would would work in an E1B.

However, for my own use, I would opt for getting an extra Z68 tailcap so that both the E2DL and the E1B can be available at the same time.

With Aloha,

Clarence

yes, I did notice that. Would it still fit? Thanks.

H2Orower

Enlightened
You guys are correct. Both the Z68 or the crenelated defender tailcap will work just fine. As you said, the "brains" of the 2-stage output are in the head not the cap.

In the past, I got my Z68s from either Surefire direct or Brightguy.com. In another post (here) someone said that SF is out of stock, and as of this morning, Brightguy website is saying the same thing. I would suggest doing a google search for Z68 and just go down the list.

cl0123 has two good alternatives. As far as that picture that is shown on the Optics Planet website, I wouln't pay any attention to it myself. That's just an inaccurate website depiction of the Z68. There is only one Z68 and it is NOT crenelated. That's just an old picture being used. In fact, on the back of the package of a brand new Z68 that I have, you will see a small diagram showing how to replace your tailcap with the enclosed Z68, and the diagram actually depicts a crenelated tailcap even though I am clearly holding the smooth, round, non-crenelated Z68 in my hand.

lightsandknives

Enlightened
Here are pics of my E2DL tailcap on the left, and the Z68 on my E1B on the right. I wonder if the Z68 is going to be available in the future.....

2819454622_672b758da1_o.jpg

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 2 of those Z68s' last week. I love 'em. Permanently on my E1B...makes the light a gajillion percent better...

P220C

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 of those Z68s' last week. I love 'em. Permanently on my E1B...makes the light a gajillion percent better...

Meh... Personal choice. Makes it better for you.

I am going for shorter and lighter. I prefer the standard tail cap.

That tail cap and the crenalated strike bezel is the only thing keeping me from an E2D.

YMMV