smallest/brightest AA forward clickie

As per title: what do the gurus here say is the smallest and brightest single AA light WITH a forward clickie switch

AND - is there a AAA light with a forward clickie?

I'm only talking QUALITY lights here - such as the NDI. All suggestions appreciated

Marduke

Flashaholic
NiteCore D10 can function in a similar manner to a forward clicky, even though it doesn't have a mechanical switch. It would be the smallest light as such

The Fenix LOD Q4 head with a Streamlight Microstream body would be an excellent 1xAAA forward clicky light.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Maxlite Extreme might be up there, but I don't know how bright it is and it isn't small. You can also swap the reverse clickie in the Fenix L1D for a forward clickie. But for small size and output, the Nitecore D10 is a good choice.

Do customs count?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
NDI is the obvious example - the D10 is not a forward clicky, but acts like one.

AND - is there a AAA light with a forward clickie?
Only AAA light I know with a forward clicky is the Streamlight microstream. You can always put a Fenix L0D head on it for max ouput in this form factor (LOD head fits).

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the L1T V2.0 have a forward clickie?
Yes. :D

Romisen (one of the better built budget brands) makes the RC-B3 in AAA with a forward clicky. It's about as long as the D10 though. Which is kind of why there aren't a lot of AAA with clickies. Less energy with almost the same form factor doesn't make a lot of sense.

Mercenaries

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac P10A, brightest AA EDC in throw and spill, takes 1.5V and 14500, forward clicky.

yalskey

Enlightened
FYI to all others, this guy works for Eagletac, so take his info with a grain of salt

Thanks Marduke. It would have been fine for him to suggest that light, so long as he was responsible enough to disclose that he works for them.

Yet another shady mark against this company in my opinion, although I'll reserve judgment overall.

Mercenaries

Newly Enlightened
Let's get the fact straight. I don't work for them. I just happen to like the lights alot and I OWN THE LIGHT. I speak from experience. You can see the beamshots that I have posted awhile ago.

Chill :ohgeez:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Let's get the fact straight. I don't work for them. I just happen to like the lights alot and I OWN THE LIGHT. I speak from experience. You can see the beamshots that I have posted awhile ago.

Chill :ohgeez:

Your absolute first post here on CPF was defending a light which hadn't even hit the market yet, and almost every one of your other posts has been in some way promoting them and setting up other competitor brands for some sort of personal distaste or failure.

Combined with Eagletac's already shady advertising methods, you seem EXTREMELY suspicious. It really doesn't take a lot to see through your agenda, as CPF has seen the same one play out numerous times with other vendors.

yalskey

Enlightened
Your absolute first post here on CPF was defending a light which hadn't even hit the market yet, and almost every one of your other posts has been in some way promoting them and setting up other competitor brands for some sort of personal distaste or failure.

Combined with Eagletac's already shady advertising methods, you seem EXTREMELY suspicious. It really doesn't take a lot to see through your agenda, as CPF has seen the same one play out numerous times with other vendors.

Amen and Word-up! I'm with Marduke on this one.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not defending Mercenaries but I see Lighthound is carrying the Eagletac lights - about 7 of them and the do look nice quality. However as for it being the brightest - I doubt that but it's probably close to what most AA's do on Max. You can only get so much brightness out of a Q5 and a AA - their claim is 130 Lumens.

adsl_keeki

Newly Enlightened
Not promoting EagleTac or anything. They seems to have the highest output with 1xAA.

P10A
1x 14500 750mAh AW Protected
Hi Spot 3910 Lux
Hi Spill 118 Lux
1x 2000mAh Eneloop
Hi Spot 2220 Lux
Hi Spill 67 Lux
1x AA 2000mAh Eneloop
100% 00:57 to 50%

Nitecore
1x 14500 750mAh AW Protected
100% Spot 2630 Lux
100% Spill 149 Lux
1x AA 2000mAh Eneloop
100% Spot 1630 Lux
100% Spill 92 Lux
1x AA 2000mAh Eneloop
100% 00:49 to 50%

L1D Q5
1x AA 2000mAh Eneloop
Turbo 01:35 to 50%
Turbo Spot 1920 Lux
Turbo Spill 68 Lux

from light review

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
p10a looks interesting.
does seem to be highest in the fwd clicky. jetbeam jet-1 pro has a 3950 Lux. reverse clickie though..

i was thinking the fenix was more efficient with 1.5 hrs to 1hr(1920/68 vs 2220/67) pretty close output
but
p10a low (885/27) is similar to l1d's med(813/29) , 6:39 vs 4:39
that's 2hrs more!

ah snap :sssh:
no ultra low though which is the flavor of the month now

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to hear more about this light!

It looks like it has everything and in all the right places too.

Time to TRY the search function.........

I also wonder about dropping in a P4 - U2, just to have something different.

its on light reviews

it's "high" is the p10a's low but a very low untime. maybe better suited with li-ons..

1x AA 2000mAh Eneloop

High Spot 865 Lux
High Spill 54 Lux
1x AA 2000mAh Eneloop
100% 00:55 to 50%

Last edited: