NovaTac 120T the best handheld LED light ever made???

HELL LIGHT

Banned
Recently I acquired some deals on NovaTac 120T and would like to hear your opinion on this compact LED light that I think is going to bring a revolution on the current LED light technology. And here's some pix that I took of the light so please share your insight on this compact device!!:D

Picture.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

djblank87

Enlightened
NovaTac has been around for along time now, there are numerous threads with detailed descriptions and opinions on this light. Run a search, I promise you will find the answers you're looking for.

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, HELL LIGHT.

I like the 120T too, although most people here seem to prefer the 120P.

Please would you resize your photos - they are too large. The CPF maximum is 800 x 800 pixels, and yours are 1024 x 768.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: HELL LIGHT Hmm I wouldn't say the best ever,but it is up there with the best so far.
And like DM51 said most prefer the 120P,that said yes!you have a great EDC light :thumbsup:

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Partly agree with Hell Light, I love my Novatac 120T.
But I think the 120P is the more popular of the Novatac lights
I dont get on with Programmable lights, it always ends in
"User Malfunction" :D

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also do not care for my "P" version as much as I like my "EDC" version. Now, if only I could "change out" the strobe for the .33 lumen setting!

My .02 FWIW YMMV

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened
Maybe there are different HELL LIGHT between CPFMP and CPF proper, but I'm pretty sure the OP sold this light before this post! :shrug:

That said, I like the Novatac range as well, good stuff. Not sure they're revolutionary (more like an evolution of a previous [HDS] design) but they are durable and work well for sure! :thumbsup:

AMRaider

Enlightened
I bought a 120T a while back. Built like a tank, beautiful beam (and bright!), and overall, the quality was excellent. Great light, but I ended up selling it eventually as I found it to be a tad large for a pocket light. YMMV of course. Cheers.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the 120P better - you can set it up to function just like a 120T and add the tactical tailcap. But if you want other settings or fuctions you just go into the setup menu and you'll get exactly what you want. Some would argue the HDS were better in some ways. And the new Ra Clicky which is yet another one of Henry's designs as are the Novatac and HDS - will be a real hard deal to beat. I EDC a Novatac currently as my primary EDC and short of the Ra Clicky I don't see any lights replacing it soon.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
The Novatac is a very fine light. I own the 120P and absolutely love it. But the Ra Twisty replaced it as my most rock-solid EDC light and I am anxiously waiting for my Clicky. But, the Novatac has been reborn as my nightstand light. I have the (slightly modified) 17670 tube on it. This makes it a better size for its current use and gives me longer runtimes too.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just discovered these and they rock...!

But....

Just a teency weency more output on high would cut the cake........

Gatsby

Enlightened
I have an 85P (and have owned an Arc4+ and HDS) and agree that, for the time being, that family of lights (at least the HDS and Novatac versions) represent my favorite EDC lights by a fairly good margin. They just cover so many bases so well it's hard for me to find another light to take their place. I admit that I'm less fond of the tactical models FWIW just because I like the programmability and don't need disorienting strobe.

But I HAVE considered putting a T tailcap on my P light just for ease of use much like the old Arc 4 configuration - I don't tailstand that much and the extended button would be easier to operate.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
I bought a 120P during the summer because I wanted it to replace a number of lights with a single pocket EDC. Firstly I was attracted by the really low output, which is the one thing I kept my out dated Gladius for, but now I could have that feature in a much smaller package. I also wanted to use my existing SF filters and especially the diffuser to make the low output smoother and wider, so the 1 inch body width was a selling point. I also got used to being able to tail stand my Fenixes so that was another must for a pocket EDC. The extensive mode customising made the 120P attractive too for making it 'mission specific' for numerous circumstances, if you can get to grips with the programming method! In one fell swoop the Novatac made redundant my Gladius, E1e+KL1, P2D and Mini-Mag+TerraLux drop-in. Good economy. The only area the Novatacs fall down in is mediocre high output run time. That's why I opted for the 120P instead of the 85P, so I could tweak down the user programmed high to two steps below full output to increase the run time but still have the full max if needed.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the 120P better - you can set it up to function just like a 120T and add the tactical tailcap. But if you want other settings or fuctions you just go into the setup menu and you'll get exactly what you want.

Exactly how I have mine set up, my absolute favorite EDC. The only issue I don't like about it, and I mean the ONLY ONE, is that when the tailcap becomes just the slightest bit unthreaded, the operation seems a bit unpredictable; random flickering and unresponsive button presses, until you retighten it. At least that's been my experience, anyone else have the same thing happen to them?

sawlight

Enlightened
I love my 120P!!! I've never changed the factory settings, they just work! I don't like the longer tailcap, it seems too easy to tun on accidently. Beautiful beam, plenty bright for the size, and it works!!!
I'm not sure when I found about the HDS lights, but as soon as I saw one, I WANTED ONE!!! But they were not for sale new, and used ones brougth a premium.
Then the Novatac came out, and I had to have one NOW!!

As far as the best EDC, I don't think that has even made it to paper yet!!!

NetMage

Enlightened
Spy005 :D

That said, I also carry a Novatac 120P or a P2D as a backup light every day, so I agree the Novatac is excellent and a little easier to recommend when someone sees it.