Inretech 2AA adapter runtime

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Is there any official data as of how long that should run continuously on the pair of fresh AAs? Full brightness and then dim slowly?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
lightmeter-small-log.jpg

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys.
In short after 2 hours light output is reduced twice?
Pardon if that's a silly question, I am not good in the area.
I've also looked at the charts for BadBoy and couldn't figure out much, as the description says 2 hours of max output, then decline, but charts were different? Or I miss the point?

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The inretech 2AA adapter, like the CMG Reactors, are NOT regulated. Therefore, you get a slow, but, steady decline in output. The decrease in output is a reflection of the discharge curve of the battery type:

Alkaline: 1/3 fast, then slow and steady.

Lithium AA: slow and steady. Also best output (brightness)

On the otherhand, Regulated lights/adapters have a period of same level high brightness, followed by a very rapid switching to very dim output. In regulated lights, you actually have LESS battery life (runtime).

It is a trade-off, either way. Both are good.

The Inretech and Reactor (2AA) are designed for use with Lithium AAs for both best output, and longest runtime, with the flattest disharge curve.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with that graph is that the JPG encoding has blurred the thin lines to the point that, even with photoshop, I can't clearly ID which line is which.

I've run my amber adapter for about 5 hours off some Alkalines measuring 1.2V on the CCrane charger. It's still going. Was 170mA, now about 100. Word is you can start with fresh alkalines, but I don't like how hot it gets, and the runtime with the half-used ones is so long...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one thing you do glaringly see on the graph though, is that when driven with lithiums, it's got an extremely long runtime in moon mode...

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
radellaf said:
The problem with that graph is that the JPG encoding has blurred the thin lines to the point that, even with photoshop, I can't clearly ID which line is which.

[/ QUOTE ] Try being red/green color blind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I have a really tough time telling whats what.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have posted the actual Excel file, so users can view the results and change the colors to their own preferences

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
Right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks Mike.
Excell is perfect.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inretech,

That is a very cool runtime/candlepower chart and graph. It sure has a lot of data. But did you only test one? Couldn't one be a lot brigher or dimmer than the rest?

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
This test was for an adapter approx 6 months ago, they have been getting much brighter since then.

I will try and start another test on our latest "batch" as soon as possible

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is much clearer, thanks for posting it!

It would seem the Alk/Lit are switched for the incandescent, unless the higher voltage of the lithiums does drain them in an hour and a half (if the time is minutes, which would make sense for the alks going dark at about 5 hours).

If you run another test I humbly request you run an amber as well as a white...and post the .xls, or just use .GIF format for the table image (won't blur the colors).

BTW, posting from Scranton PA today. Alas, brought an Opalec rather than my Inretechs (cyan, amber, white)...and an Arc AAA (already used to look at maps), and a Rage head on an Impact II body (best throw for the size I've found, e1e not tried, I think e2e is bigger, Arc LS not as bright).

paulr

Flashaholic
An e2e is smaller than a Rage but it's certainly a lot more expensive. Don't the Rage and Impact II use the same body?

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think the e2e would be bigger volumetrically as the Rage is kinda thin, but maybe not much...also, the plastic won't scratch the mobile phone also in the same bag. Still, one day I'll probably get the e.
The Impact II has a just slightly shorter body, with a clip on it and no lanyard hole tab. More contouring, too, and translucent. I just like the feel and look of it better.

The Opalec'd mag is probably not as good a keep-in-car choice as a white inretech 2aa lithium, but I have 2 opalec modules, kept one at work, and well, now it rests in the car since I don't need two in the house...

Latest posts