Getting too used to SF clickie

kurni

Enlightened
I cannot believe this; not even for a second.

My first proper flashlight is Fenix L1D. I love the tail switch.

My wife took away my EDC P2D RB100, so I've been carrying my SF C2 with me.

My wife just returned my P2D RB100 :scowl:

I cannot believe that I am so used to the forward clickie :rant: so now I hate reverse clickie.

I am not discussing which one is better; I am discussing habits. Is there anybody out there who can use both at the same time?

I can only use either reverse or forward clickie; and my point of reference is Fenix and SF clickie because that's all I have. Neither is better than the other, it's a matter of the ability to get used to both at the same time.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: SF clickie curse

We've had numerous forward vs. reverse clicky threads, and if I understand you correctly, that is what this is, but with SF vs. Fenix also thrown in to complicate it further. Not very promising.

Members are advised to be very careful to remain respectful in their posts, or it will be closed and action will be taken against offenders.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I'm just trying to understand what the topic-starter is saying. I thought this was going to be another thread about how a Surefire clickie malfunctioned. But the C2 has no clickie, and the switch didn't malfunction either.

The actual problem seems to be with the switch on the Fenix P2D.....

Wait! Now I get it. There is no switch issue. Just an issue about getting used to one type of switch, and then dealing with a different one.

Easy solution.... Keep the C2, sell the P2D on B/S/T. P2D RB100 will likely draw a good amount of interest.

HeadCSO

Enlightened

Get a forward clickie switch for your P2D. It takes a little getting used to using it to switch modes, but I prefer it on my L2D. I predominantly run on turbo, so not really an issue.

kurni

Enlightened

Title and first post has been changed to better articulate the subject.

I am trying hard to get used to both, so far it's not promising perhaps because of the same reason why I'm not ambidex.

Can any of you comfortably use both?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well I started with clickys and have since put serious thought into the virtues of dependable twistys. So I am with you in trying to be proficient with both now.
Clickys do get the nod from me for cool points.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Title and first post has been changed to better articulate the subject.

I am trying hard to get used to both, so far it's not promising perhaps because of the same reason why I'm not ambidex.

Can any of you comfortably use both?

To be honest, it's not a problem at all for me.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i personally feel that the reverse clicky on fenix lights makes sense. I havnt actually got one, but after playing around with my friend's P3D, as a normal use light, not tactical or anything, clicking on, and the soft pressing to change modes made sense. However, on certain lights, fowards make much more sense.

Crenshaw

kurni

Enlightened
i personally feel that the reverse clicky on fenix lights makes sense. I havnt actually got one, but after playing around with my friend's P3D, as a normal use light, not tactical or anything, clicking on, and the soft pressing to change modes made sense. However, on certain lights, fowards make much more sense.

Crenshaw

Yup, they both are good; I love them both, I just can't get used to both at the same time :sigh:

I miss the time when I just operate my lights without thinking. I enjoyed the reflex when I used my reverse exclusively. When I received my first forward, the reverse was taken away from me. Now that I have both, I find myself having to think if I'm holding a reverse or forward, I am annoyed.

prof

Enlightened
Changing between various switches can indeed be frustrating! As UIs get more complex, this will only get worse. I have not had any major problems, but I've activated different modes a few times--by mistake.

The solution: use your lights MORE! Practice with each one! Have fun!