Anyone know how Lighthound is doing?

Marion David Poff

Newly Enlightened
I ordered from Lighthound, not knowing that they were in Ike's playground....

Anyone know how they are doing?

Marion

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good question, we know they have light(s), and the website is still up, and there is no message on the home page... so it looks ok.

A lot of staff could be home though taking care of things.

Let's hope for the best!

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
well I ordered some stuff last week. Oddly enough it was on Sep 11. not that i planned it but it just happened that way. But it jsut arrived today.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the Texans Don't Like Ike (Hurricane Ike) thread
Just heard from Lighthound, the store and all the gang is aok, they're left without power so til then biz may be slow. They do have email so they'll get back if you need to order anything. I told em I'd post up they're all ok. ;)

EDIT
Got another email from the Lighthound gang. They say they're up and running today on generator power and they're catching up on backlog. John says anything ordered tomorrow by 1pm will go out tomorrow, so I guess they didn't even miss a beat. :) Nobody hurt and no store damage. Great news, one of the best retailers in the industry imo. I'm out on the way to the gulf, hope all the chaos with gas lines and grocery stores is sorted out by the time I get back. You guys work on that will ya? lol. lata

g

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Wow... they're still without power? I wonder how they're managing to ship orders. They are first rate folks over there. I always enjoy doing business with them.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also e-mailed them about a recent order yesterday and they are ok and will resume shipping when the power comes back on.

Looks like kramer5150 got a shipping confirmation today so hopefully they are shipping now. I have no problem in the delay...as long as our friends at LH are ok!

I wonder if they had enough lights for when the power was out. :laughing:

swampgator

Enlightened
I placed on order on Friday and recieved an order confirmation, but haven't recieved any information on tracking.

Still it's good to know they came through it okay.

Knife Boy

Newly Enlightened
I have been in contact with them over the past couple days in regard to a warranty issue with one of my Fenix lights. I can say that they if they were affected by the hurricane it doesn't show. Their level of service is still great. I sent them my defective light on Tuesday I think, and got an e-mail today saying they got it and my replacement went out today. Now that was some fast service.

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Received my order today. Excellent service. All companies should strive to be as good.

+1 on that. I've used Lighthound about 5 or 6 times in 12 months (spending about $550 or so all told) and I'm convinced their deliveries are getting faster each time. My last order was a Novatac 120P and it arrived in four days. Not bad at all for overseas. I'm beginning to to think of them more as a 'local' supplier rather than one on the other side of the world and an ocean away.