How much cheaper was Surefires b4 the price hike?

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
Been hearing and withnessing the price hike from Surefire. How much lower in general across their line were their lights?

Cuz I found this guy on Ebay selling 6p original's for $45 shipped... while every other lister has the 6p (original) for at least $60 and going... I'm i'm just curious and abit suspicious :thinking:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
The 6P`s original price was 59 Dollars. It is now listed at 62 Dollars.

The Price varies widely across the product line. I have an archive of surefires older prices available,If you need the price on any model.

Last edited:

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Deicide, at least the 6p wasn't much of an increase.:D

I am mainly concerned with how this one ebay lister is able to sell them for $45 shipped and there is no bite. Meanwhile, other listers got everybody and their mothers bidding up the price of the same 6p's for at least $60.:caution:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
I am mainly concerned with how this one ebay lister is able to sell them for $45 shipped and there is no bite.

It could be old stock,or it could be a chinese knockoff.

When buying surefire products,its best to buy from a reputable dealer or the CPF Marketplace.

I have seen several clones of surefire lights on DX,Ebay,and the like. Just use your own judgement on the matter.

Sector7

Enlightened
I have a feeling that guy on eBay got lucky by getting his lot of SF from someone that went out of business.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have a feeling that guy on eBay got lucky by getting his lot of SF from someone that went out of business.

More likely, they might be Made in China fakes. First time I saw a U2 fake was when a certain CPFer bought one, and knew in advance that it was a fake. From the pics he posted, there really was no way of telling the difference. Even the Surefire lettering on the fake's tailcap was spot-on. The only way to tell was to use the light. The fake only had two brightness levels.

Any Surefire off of eBay is suspect. All of my Surefires have either been bought from Authorized Dealers or from other CPFers on B/S/T.

Last edited:

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
Good to know guys, thanks a lot, i'm definitely staying away from ebay for Surefires then.

Monocrom, that chart was very informative :D I can't believe some of the percentage increases!~!~!