The CPF Gluttony Thread (Dieters stay out ;) )

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a little extra money today courtesy of my Alaska Native Corporation. So decided on a little more than my usual gruel and water. Did I get a steak dinner at Cattlemen's? Nope. That would have been nice. But I've been craving a Philly Steak and Cheese. So I got one complete with Boar's Head from my local Publix. Pressed. And a red potatoe salad. Then oatmeal cream pie for dessert. Washed down with OJ. Hic.

What have you pigged out on?

zackhugh

Enlightened
T-bone steak and baked potatoes the other day. Cooked them myself so it wasn't too expensive.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
sounds good!

i had three cheeseburgers and fry's and an icecream cone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

no..i'm not fat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most is 2 porterhouses at Cattlemans in Dixon on the same night... Felt like gushing waterfalls with chunks that late evening... Don't ask...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does three double quarter pound burgers and a big bowl full of french fries for one meal count?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I usually eat french fries and 5 hotdogs, one meal.

(I only eat one meal per day: works for weight maintainance, for me.)

Tomas

Banned
Hmmmm ... My best runs at gluttony have been repeated tries at a 3/4 pound genuine Kobe steak*, some huge tiger prawns, stir fried veggies, 3+ orders of hot sake, and something I didn't recognize for desert, but was always good.

Where?

One of my favorite restaurants: The Kobe Steakhouse, 1042 Alberni, Vancouver, BC, Canada. (Actually Canada's oldest Japanese Steakhouse IIRC.)

And yes, I've driven up to Vancouver just to eat there ...

tomsig03.gif

* I think they have substituted premium Alberta beef for the Kobe in recent years - still very good, but not quite the same.

Willmore

Enlightened
I'm saving up (mentally that is, screw calories) for pizza from Great Planes Sauce and Dough in Ames, IA when my fiance and I fly back out there for a wedding in late May. The crust is like, a loaf of bread--at least the outer rim. They'd put more cheese on them, but it's already at the angle of repose when the pie is put in the over--any more cheese would just slide off. They look like little pyramids.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've also got to get to DaVinci's for a Cream Cheese, Pepperoni, and Jalopeno pizza. Mmmmmm..... Oh, and they have better cheese steak sandwitches than Philladelphia--I live in south jersey, I've been there, I've tried them, they're not that good.

Oh, if there's time, we'll go down to Hickory Park where a huge meal if always followed up by a larger icecream dish. *drooooolllll*

The other night, I made this 'dip' that I got from a college roommate some time back. Take a package of cream cheese, spread it on the bottom of an 8x8 to 9x9 pyrex pan. Cover that with a can of beanless chilli (you can use the bean kind, but it's much harder to get it to stay on a chip) and then cover that with 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350--should be bubbling well and just starting to brown on top. Want to make sure it's bubbling well so that you know it's hot enough (al melted), but not browened as that makes a hard layer that's difficult to cut through with chips. Eat by scooping bits out with totria chips--I like the white flower kind with a touch of lime, but they're all good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Gotta be several hundred calories and *all* of ones fat allowance. Mmmmm..... fat allowance....

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
holy crap will! that sounds good!!

you should swing by cedar rapids while you're here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
nowhere to eat though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
I had 20 Hooters wings for dinner last night...911. I'm paying for it today but man were they good.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I buy my burgers in a 3 pound package of 1/4 lb. frozen patties. It's what I can afford. I drool everytime I look at steaks, but, can't afford one (and eat the entire month decently).

I don't put anything on my burgers or fries, except salt and pepper (for burgers only): no condiments! I am something of a purist when it comes to meat and potatoes. For meat, salt and pepper in cooking, only. I do this with eggs, also: salt and pepper one side, before turning the fried eggs over.

I get eggs every 3-4 months, so I tend to pig out on those. This is one of those months and got a great deal: $.99 for 1.5 dozen. Of course, I got 2 packages for 3 dozen eggs (large).

My food budget is $63 per month, so I shop for decent food, but cheap: Kroger brand frozen fries, instead of Ore Ida brand, and such. I would prefer to get fresh potatoes, but, can't trust the quality: had too many 10 lb. bags that were black inside and look good outside.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ooooh.. Walt, I feel your pain. A whole bag of those Safeway Buffalo Wings will make you cringe for some Tucks...

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ack! There's a dozen Krispy Kreme doghnuts on the kitchen table. I think I've eaten 6 now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife says she hates it that I can eat anything I want. Obviously, I eat anything I want. I'm really picky about some things (I can't STAND anything with the aritificial flavoring "Vanillin" in it, for example.) but I'm an absolute pizza-holic. I could eat that stuff every day of the week. Pepperoni. Veggie. Barbeque chicken. Whatever, I love it. And the greasier the better. Wait! I often do eat it every day of the week! In fact that's what I just had at the cafeteria upstairs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(They make it on-site so it's pretty good.)

This thread is making me hungry. I think I'm gonna go have some more greasy pizza before my night class. Pepperoni with extra Parmesan cheese and Tabasco sauce loaded on top.

Happy evening everyone! (Logging out to go eat some more.)

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saaby, I'm fond of those Krispy Kreme's myself. Unfortunate name though. You know that they didn't have those shops in Chicago where I grew up? I never had one till I moved down South.

My favorite donut though are the Entemans devils food crumb cake donuts. I know they are factory made, but sit down with one of those (or 2 or 3) and a few tall glasses of milk and I am just on top of the world.

I don't get them very often anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Only when I think I deserve a special treat.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Krispy Kreme has just recently infiltrated Utah. Started with a single location in Provo (About an hour away from here). Now there are probably 3 Krispy Kreme places within 20 miles of my house and they put Krispy Kreme in every Albertsons.......

Saaby

Flashaholic
and I just ate anohter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif there were only 2 left--I had to save one of them! I probably have eaten 4 now but it feels like 8..

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oooh man... don't ask me about gluttony..

Back when I was living the single life in Singapore, my Saturdays used to consist of going out to pick up a new DVD, then picking up a bucket (10 pieces or so) of Kentucky Fried Chicken and fries etc on the way home

Then, spending the whole afternoon/evening plowing through the lot, along with a bottle of Coke while watching DVDs..

I do miss that though - they had hot and spicy chicken there, which they don't have here in Japan. Used to get half and half with original recipe. Fun at the time, but probably not the best lifestyle..

These days, my bouts are limited to the odd day on the weekend when the wife is working - I sometimes go out and get a bunch of various Yakitori, as something to eat while watching whatever DVD I'm in the mood for.
There's a really good Yakitori place near where I live, they have a pretty good variety too.

And then of course, on the odd occasion when I manage to obtain the cause of one of my few vices - barbeque flavoured potato chips from Australia. A 200g bag of these, and a bottle of coke, and I'm set..

Graham

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Krispy Kreme's gotta be THE best mass produced 'nut I've drooled over so far. Can't really think of any other that would come close to causing you a heart attack by just looking at the "0"...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I don't understand krispy Kremes; they are neither crispy nor creamy.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite potato chip was ruffels Chedder and Sour Cream. They now make them as "Baked" and so they are almost good for you! I ate a whole bag in one sitting though, so it still counts as gluttony!