Surefire LED runtimes/consistency?

Panaphonic

Newly Enlightened
I love Surefire incans, but I'm starting to regret EDC'ing one for nearly a year now. The battery consumption is nuts and I'd like to use my EDC whenever I need it, without worrying about conserving batteries.

So several questions:

-Can depleted cells from a 2-cell incan light be used in an 2-cell LED light without any problems?
-The E2L gets max output for six hours on high, how long does the E1L maintain max output?
-Is there any possibility of getting an E2L or E1L with a warm tint or are they all bluish?
-Is the P60L worth it in terms of runtime?

But all considered I'm torn between the E2L and E1L. I want the minimum output of the Mini-Mag NiteIze drop-in and a maximum output in the neighborhood of 50 lumens, all with a decent runtime.

What fits that description best?

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E2L and the newest L1 (Gen-6). My E2L has a blue tint, and the L1 has an white/yellow "warm" tint...almost incan looking...I do like the Side by side, my E2L and L1 basically put out the same light on both high and low, but I get longer runtimes with w/ the E2L, while the L1 is more compact...While I'm unable to comment on the E1L, I would definitely go with the 2 cell higher output/longer runtime one..."Just In Case"...The throw and spill are perfectly balanced in my opinion, not too much of one or the other. Hope this helped!

Till

Newly Enlightened
My 6PL would be an EDC if I had something better than the stock P60L in it. It just isn't bright enough, doesn't have a tight enough spot for me, and doesn't throw enough.

What's the latest on the P61L?

DM51

Flashaholic
Can depleted cells from a 2-cell incan light be used in an 2-cell LED light without any problems?
Point of safety here: you should do this ONLY if the 2 cells have been paired together in another light and are therefore at the same state of discharge. It is dangerous to mix cells where one may have more charge left in it than the other.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
the single stage E2L (Cree) does 9hours near contant output before declining.