Looking for a new light... Any ideas?

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, ive decided i want a new light.
I currently have a SF L4, E2D with E-MT, 6P with some ebay drop in, A2, Novatac 120P, JetBeam MKII X an X5, P3D and L0D.
I was looking at a Fenix TK11 due to the simple modes.
I want something thats going to make me go wow, this is awesome! But! I dont want to spend too much money on it...
Any ideas?
Thanx guys!

ToeMoss

Newly Enlightened
How about something really bright, like the Ultrafire WF-500 or maybe one of the new SSC P7 lights, Deal Extreme makes one called the MTE SSCP7?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, ive decided i want a new light.
I currently have a SF L4, E2D with E-MT, 6P with some ebay drop in, A2, Novatac 120P, JetBeam MKII X an X5, P3D and L0D.
I was looking at a Fenix TK11 due to the simple modes.
I want something thats going to make me go wow, this is awesome! But! I dont want to spend too much money on it...
Any ideas?
Thanx guys!

You already have some great lights. The TK11 is a great light too. But I don`t think your going to get that wow fuzzy feeling...not with the lights you already have. So unless you just need a new light to keep yourself happy...and I surely understand that need...I would save a little more.

You need something with at least a P7...maybe a WE Sniper ($200)...or the WE Storm 3 x r2 ($370+-). Those will give you the wow that you seek.

Edit: How about getting in on the pre-order for the Legion 11? Sounds nice and great price....P7!

Last edited:

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
Thanx for the ideas,
I wouldnt mind getting something really really bright with plenty of throw, thats why i thought the tk11 would be good cause ive heard its not bad for throwing but if there is something better out there then maybe i should look elsewhere

Gunner12

Flashaholic
What price are you looking at? How about size?

A LED thrower like the DBS would be more impressive then the Tk11.

A HID might also be an option, depending on your price range.

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
I dont want something too massive but cant really specify, the DBS and the Olight look really good, something around that price range would be best but if there is something substantially better for a little more coin then i would fork out the extra. I do want something that i can use rechargeables in as well because its to expensive otherwise. Would the DBS be better than the Olight?

lightmyway

Newly Enlightened
I just received the olight m20 and am very impressed with it excellent all round light with excellent throw althought the larger lens in the DBS will out throw it .The DBS is considered king of the throwers......

Wattnot

Enlightened
Hang on for another week or two. I'm going to be releasing a couple of reviews on some new and exciting lights right along the lines of what you're looking for. I can't say more than that. :grin2:

BMF

Enlightened
Hang on for another week or two. I'm going to be releasing a couple of reviews on some new and exciting lights right along the lines of what you're looking for. I can't say more than that. :grin2:

What are they? SII and LII?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes you go wow over what? Brightness? Or are you maybe looking for a light that is more unique? Also give us a more specific budget

Dan0s

Newly Enlightened
What i really want is something thats not too large or bulky, really powerful with great throw and brightness on some sort of rechargeable battery, that would be what i really want at the moment.
The DBS looks really good though

DArklite

Enlightened
+1 on the DBS; I have the v2 and love it.
I really wanted a Tiablo A8 because of it's performance with an 18650 rechargeable Li-ION and a smooth reflector, but it was discontinued. I also wanted a RaidFire Spear with a smooth reflector.... discontinued. You can get the Spear with only an OP reflector now, but it becomes the Smear - not much of a throw monster when the light was originally billed as a thrower with its smooth reflector. Neither the A8 or Spear was mentioned as a limited-production run when they were introduced +/- a year ago.
Meanwhile, Dereelight's CL1H is in it's 4th version and DBS in its second version; they offer "pills" (emitter modules) to run off CR/RCR123's and 18650's, and the pills are upgraded with the newest emitters and offer different beam colors. :thumbsup:
I'm constantly patting myself on the back for purchasing the DBS v2 and Cl1H v3 along with pills, smooth & OP reflectors and spare lenses. Plus, the DBS out-throws the Spear and A8 even when they had smooth reflectors. Other than the DBS, I'd say start looking into HID lights if you really want the "wow" factor.
It's your money.