Scorpion fix

Till

Newly Enlightened
Where I've used my Scorpion so much, the rubber around the tailcap is starting to come off. The underlying aluminum body is cutting through the rubber and it won't be long before the whole rubber tailpiece comes off.

Is there some sort of glue (preferably waterproof) that I can use for this, or what's another fix?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to recommend the same website.
I would call them and let them know you want to send your Scorpion for repair.
They probably will just send you a new Scorpion as a repair at no charge. Streamlight has one of the best Customer Service.
if your within the US, I'd give streamlight a call or email
http://www.streamlight.com/about/contact.aspx
and see if they can ship you a replacement part

Are you a US resident?

Till

Newly Enlightened
I just contacted Streamlight and they're sending me a replacement rubber sleeve. :thumbsup:

However, I did not ask them how to get the current sleeve off.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting the original sleeve off is easy. Just begin rolling it downward from the head end and you'll have it off in seconds. The trick is getting the new one on.

Here's the trick.....Spread a drop or two of liquid dish detergent around the bottom of the body, then slide the rubber sleeve on. It will go on easily.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about turning the new one inside out, then rolling it on (the reverse of getting the old one off)?

Till

Newly Enlightened
Since I'm getting a new one, I just took a razor and slit the old sleeve down the side and took it off.

Instead of dish soap, what if I used some of the silicone grease I already use on the threads and o-rings?

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't use grease or the boot will never stop turning around and slipping down.

A small amount of dish detergent is used because it will dry pretty quickly and won't cause the boot to slide around.