• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TRADED -- Surefire Milkyspit L6-P7 Transporter

omoanya

Newly Enlightened
For Sale:

Surefire Milkyspit L6-P7 Transporter asking: $450 incl shipping CONUS

The Surefire Milkyspit L6-P7 Transporter -- super deep reflector of the KL6 head (long since discontinued) - has the newest SSCP7 CSWOI LED, driven at 2.55A...rated at 688 lumens.

2 brightness levels: full brightness and 30% brightness. Runtime on full brightness is about an hour, and 2.5 hours at 30% (looks like it's half as bright). The new Miser Mode is programmed in there as well, giving over 24 hours on the lowest brightness level. Tactical mode is included as well. That means the light will always turn on the highest brightness first. If you don't like that, you can switch to general mode and then it'll just remember which brightness level you last used. 20 taps should do it.

I am currently using a 17670 li-ion battery with a dummy RCR123 (included). This would also work with one 18650, but you'll have to either find another body or bore out this L6 body.

from Milkyspit :

The firmware is dual brightness as Tung has stated, but the low beam is 30% output relative to the high beam. This firmware also incorporates the same Miser Mode that I've built into the 'Bailey' version of Acorn firmware, on which this customization is based.

Approximate runtimes using 1x18650 AW 2200mAh rechargeable: HIGH 52 minutes... LOW 2h23m... MISER HIGH 6 hours... MISER LOW 24 hours. The light will actually continue to generate output long after these times, but will be markedly dimmer. The idea is to avoid things suddenly going dark, so you'll have some light to get you home even if your battery is badly depleted. The exception to this general rule would be the protection circuitry of the cell itself, which may or may not cause the cell to stop delivering power at some point... the circuitry in these cells can vary in their behavior from piece to piece.

The light is designed for use with a single lithium-ion rechargeable, but any size cell ought to work. IMHO a 1x18650 LeefBody in conjunction with this head would be a great combo and reduce the overall size of the light significantly...

Mint as received and sold in below thread. I'm throwing in the Max Expedition case.

IMG_0757.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0758.jpg

MORE PICTURES HERE:
www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=201664&highlight=transporter

First I'll take it followed by PM gets it -- Non credit PPAL, CONUS ONLY

Last edited:

SCblur

Enlightened
Re: FS: Surefire Milkyspit L6-P7 Transporter

Is that 688 lumens out the front, or from the emitter?

SCblur

Enlightened

edited

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe that measurement is from the emitter.

Chris

It's a calculated value based on the emitter's output, assuming the emitter is really mediocre for its bin code... then I compared the output to various other lights of known output to gain some assurance that the number made sense. All things considered, the rating is probably a little conservative... in the past, folks testing my builds have found the TORCH lumens to be very close to the rating I'd calculated for the emitter. Hope that helps.

omoanya

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for providing the info, Milky -- am also open to trades and putting in some cash for the right light ...(looking for multi emitter Milkys, KI/Arcmanias & ti lights )

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: FS or Trade: Surefire Milkyspit L6-P7 Transporter

Please resize your photo - it is too large.

omoanya

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Milky - it was a beauty and solid as a tank and will be properly used and appreciated by its new owner who is headed to Afghanistan.

Last edited: