Sometimes an odd light finds its way into your pocket...

Gatsby

Enlightened
I normally EDC my Novatac. Love that light. But it IS big and sometimes its fun to carry something else. My Peak Kilimanjaro has found its way into my pocket at times these days.

But recently I've been reaching for a Mag Solitaire with the Arcmania 3mm LED upgrade I picked up a few weeks ago to try out. Threw it into a red body I had (saving the cool orange one it came with to not get scratched) with a bit of Write Right on the lense and it is a surprisingly useful little light. Seems to me about as bright as the original Arc AAA, decent tint and the Solitaire is a nice compact and very light little package.

Certainly not the latest and greatest (and my Novatac IS in my briefcase just in case) but for most of my around the office uses and as a slick little backup I'm pretty impressed. It sure is a HUGE improvement over the stock Solitaire. It makes me wonder if Nite Ize or someone could produce these in a high enough volume to drive the price south of $10 it would be a pretty solid contender in the market and a fair alternative to the E01. Plus when the body is dinged up I can get a new host for $5 at Walmart and have "like new" light! :)

Plus it looks cool with the red Alox SAK Cadet I've been carrying recently as well - a very light, very slim EDC combo :naughty:

Anyone else find themselves carrying something out of the ordinary these days?

Jedi Knife

Enlightened
I think the Solitaire wears much better than the Fenix EOD hard anodizing- I've given much thought to buying one along with a LED drop in just to have something better looking on my keychain. The LOD is a turd when it comes to looks. Why the heck they stopped making the silver anodized ones is a mystery to me.

spgrk

Newly Enlightened
I think the Solitaire wears much better than the Fenix EOD hard anodizing- I've given much thought to buying one along with a LED drop in just to have something better looking on my keychain. The LOD is a turd when it comes to looks. Why the heck they stopped making the silver anodized ones is a mystery to me.

Isn't the Solitaire's anodising type II? And you're still saying it is more durable than the Fenix's type III?

Gator762

Enlightened

Huh? Solitaire looks better than L0D?

I have the L0D Q4 and still have a Solitaire, the L0D looks better in my book. The pseudo-knurling looks pretty cheap on the Solitaire. Finish doesn't seem up to par with other mags, but it is a cheap $5 light.

tzzoooma

Newly Enlightened
417M57PHD6L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This one did recently, couldn't resist.