How Many Powerless?

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
When the hurricanes hit I usually do pay attention, and wonder if everyone has an emergency light. That is after I hope and pray they are safe. Being well outside the coastal areas I rarely think of an immediate or direct impact to the midwest. Of course Ike was not done. Millions of people are without electricity, if only for a short time in some cases, in Ohio, Indiana, Texas (especially), etc. Anyone have an idea of the total without power? Or at least right now (9/16 at 6:30 pm)? Funny it is not more newsworthy. More flashlights and lanterns will probably be on the Christmas shopping list. Now we have another good excuse.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
at one time sunday and monday there were more folks without power than with around here(dayton/cincinnatti oh).
still a bunch of outages around here.
ours is back on but i still hear generators if i step outside.
i have a big ups system with a large battery so no problem here.
time warner/roadrunner has a backup system that runs about 5 hours.so if you had power you had 5 hours of internet.
many traffic signals off as well as large areas without power.
if you find a gas station with both power and fuel the lines stretch out for blocks.
post offices here out of commision till today which is odd.
no power and no internet.
a friend in kettering may not get power till friday.his neighborhood looks like a war zone.
only good thing to say about this event is i will have more firewood than i may use in a few years!