Replacement for L2P

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
It's been awhile since I've been here (spent way too much way too quick), but I find myself in need of a replacement for my Fenix L2P (moved, and it somehow disappeared... :( )

Anyone have a suggestion in the $50-75 range that is comparable (likely better now that some time has passed since I last looked for a light)?

Won't be 100% EDC (well, it will be in my coat during the winter, but it's big and bulky, and I always had 4 in it anyway....), but I really liked the size of the L2P, as it COULD fit in my pocket if I needed.

Soooo, any suggestions for someone just coming back?

edap617

Newly Enlightened
I would suggest Fenix L2D Q5. It's just the right size EDC for me. It also runs on 1 AA but has 6 modes.

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
I actually enjoyed my Fenix, so as long as the quality has not gone down hill, then ya, I can stay with Fenix and not be disappointed, i'm sure.

Thank you all for your input, and I'm going to look into the two Fenix's suggested here (do some reading here and such).

Thanks again!

jag-engr

Enlightened
The L2T v2.0 is nearly identical in form and function or your L2P except it has a forward clicky, which is a plus for most people.

Another vote for the L2T v2.0. If you want more spill and less throw, go for the Q2 Cree, and if you want less spill and more throw, go with the RB80.

I have both (but they're on P2D bodies) and I would say that they are quite comparable. The Q2 Cree is the warmest and cleanest that I have ever seen. There is a slight dark halo, but well diffused. The Cree rings are not visible (at least not on my sample). The RB80 is slightly green-tinted but is warmer and does have better color rendition. The hot spot is smaller and brighter.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2T Version 2, cree or Rebel. Best choice. No complicated anything. This is really a solid light.
-Bobby

lordsaryon

Newly Enlightened
Ohh, come on now, you gotta throw a nice big shiny flashlight in my face to make me re-think the Fenix choice.

I'm really liking the look of the NiteCore though. Decisions, decisions.....

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are a god bunch of lights that might work. I think the L2T V2.0 might be a good choice. Simple to use, forward clicke, and from what I heard, Fenix improved their quality. 8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8".

If you want to, you can also mod the L2P with a Seoul P4 for twice the output.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gunner12;2630033t said:
If you want to, you can also mod the L2P with a Seoul P4 for twice the output.

There are some things in life you simply cannot make up. In this case, I am typing on my laptop, with an L2P standing "candle-mode," illuminating the room via ceiling bounce. It has been modded with an SSC P4, and I like it very much. :)

Banzai

Newly Enlightened
I chosed Olight T25-Q5 over fenix for easthetic and low enough brightness (ie 6 lumen/80hrs) for long runtime reasons :rolleyes:.
My usage habit is mostly the low 6 lumen (more than enough for indoor purpose) and the medium 90 lumen for outdoor.

Latest posts