Anyone have the EagleTac P10 series?

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone received the EagleTac P10C or its counterparts for comparison or has anyone bought the flashlight and did a comparison to the Jetbeams or Nitecore Extreme.

I am thinking of getting one of these but do not know hoe good they are.

Some beamshots with comparison to the other flashlights would be helpful if anyone had these flashlights.

Thanks in advance.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to hear some first hand accounts. The one that runs on a 18500 looks very good, but it's hard to tell what's good, without hearing from independent people who have seen it in person.

naked2

Enlightened
This is my very first post here, even though I joined over a year ago, so here goes:

First let me say that I am by no means a flashlight expert, I just know what I like. The following is a word-for-word copy of my P10C review, as posted on Light-Reviews.com:

"Got my P10C on Saturday (very fast,
icon_e_biggrin.gif
4 days after it shipped,
icon_cool.gif
thanks Mev!), here are my first impressions:

1. Unbelieveable construction quality for the price point
icon_e_biggrin.gif
(fit and finish, threads and o-rings, reflector and lens and SS bezel, etc.).

2. Identical UI as Fenix TK10, as well as scalloped tail w/foreward clicky
icon_cool.gif
(both of which I like).

3. My brightest single 16340 light to date
icon_twisted.gif
(my previous was Olight T10 Q5 '08 w/T15 body modded to fit 17500s; don't have any JetBeams).

4. Will fit ANY 16340!
icon_e_smile.gif

5. Wide range of run-times with different cells:
icon_e_confused.gif

-a. UltraFire 1000mAh (lie
icon_rolleyes.gif
) blue unprotected: 12 min. on high
icon_question.gif
,dropped down to med. for another 6 min. 'til P10C's low voltage protection kicked in.
-b. Lighthound Chinese generic 750mAh protected: 22 min. on high 'til cell's protection tripped.
-c. UltraFire 880mAh blue unprotected: 26 min. on high, dropped down to med. for another 12 min. 'til P10C's low voltage protection kicked in.
-d. AW 750mAh protected: 29 min. on high 'til cell's protection tripped. (Mev ran this test in what is now my light; I don't own AW 16340s)
-e. MP 700mAh unprotected: 35 min. on high, dropped down to med. for another 2
icon_e_confused.gif
min. 'til P10C's low voltage protection kicked in.
-f. TrustFire 880mAh gray protected: 42 min. (yes, 42 min.
icon_twisted.gif
) on high 'til cell's protection tripped; I've already ordered more!
Will post more run-times with different cells when I receive them; haven't tried primarys, as I don't really use them, but I'll waste one for the team!

6. Lousy design of clip attachment/removal
icon_e_sad.gif
(due to scratching, as per Mev's review). I immediately removed it (as I don't use clips, only holsters) and touched-up the scratches with a Sharpie; hardly noticeable. The supplied holster will fit the light with clip installed, but is missing half the elastic on one side to accomplish this, and seems like the light could fall out. I'll EDC it this way anyway for a few days and post the results here later.

7. The green AR coating on the lens is beautiful, but imo does change the tint of the beam, but not for practical use. The tint is only noticeable when I compare it side by side with another light; VERY slightly green, nowhere NEAR as green as those HORRIBLE Rebels (
icon_mrgreen.gif
hope I didn't offend anyone!)

8. Beam characteristics are almost identical
icon_e_biggrin.gif
to my NiteCore EX10 (which is still my favorite
icon_e_wink.gif
EDC!), right down to the "halo" from the SS bezel, which doesn't bother me a bit (on either light).

Overall, it's an EXCELLENT light; I completely agree with FASTCAR's Makita (my favorite power tools!
icon_mrgreen.gif
) analogy!"

Here is a link to the thread: http://www.light-reviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=151&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Hope this helps someone, Tony

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my very first post here, even though I joined over a year ago, so here goes:

First let me say that I am by no means a flashlight expert, I just know what I like. The following is a word-for-word copy of my P10C review, as posted on Light-Reviews.com:

Does that mean you wrote the review that you linked to?

Welcome to CPF.
:welcome:

naked2

Enlightened
Yes, but it's copied above as well; I posted the link so you could read the entire discussion.

Last edited: