Q2 5A vs. Rebel100 beamshots anyone?

cal..45

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm still undecided whether I should buy a CL1H V4 with warm tint emitter or not. so far my L1D with rebel 100 serves my very well as my primary bike light, its yellowish tint gives much better colour rendition than the cold white Q5. for a high-beam, I'm looking for another warm tinted light, preferable the CL1H because of its long-run 18650 capability. alternatively I still could get a L2D with R100, but I think the dereelight is probably the better choice in terms of overall lenght (shorter) and certainly for throw.

anyone around who owns lights with both emitter types? if so, please post a comparison picture, I really would like to see if the Q2 5A can hold up with the R100. thanks in advance.

regards, holger

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rebel100's will have a large variety of tints, just like Cree's. If you happen to have Rebel100 that is on the warm side (yellowish), the Q2 5A should still be warmer yet. I'll see if I can get you a beam shot, I have a couple Rebel emitters, one is pretty yellowish.

cal..45

Enlightened
hi wade,

great, I know you have a CL1H with the Q2 5A emitter and I realy like it the way it looks in your cellar comparison shot. a side by side shot with a R100 would be great and help me much (out of my misery :)) ....

regards, holger

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are some beam shots. This is just to try and show the tint, nothing else. Same exposure for all, WB set to daylight:

Dereelight CL1H Q2 5A

Fenix P3D Rebel 100:

Some 2AA Energizer with a Rebel:

Rayovac Sportsman Extreme 3W Rebel:

Tiablo A1 Rebel 100:

Here is the line up:

Then things just got silly:

The sad thing is that isn't all of my lights, I think I have too many. :eek: Many of them contain AW batteries too... :)

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I was forced to give away what I thought was a very nice tinted rebel light after buying a 5A. The 5A made the rebel look disgustingly green, whereas when compared to my cree's, the rebel looked nice and warm.

Proceed with caution!!

cal..45

Enlightened
@ wade,

wow that is both very impressive, the tint of your dereelight as well as your collection - awesome :faint:

thank you for your afford, much appreciated, it helps me a lot I think.

@ jarl,

I can see what you mean, especially when looking at wades pictures. yes, usually the R100 looks nicer(warmer) compared to the white LED's, but indeed it looks rather disgusting green, compared to the Q2 A5. I might have also to think things completely over....:confused:

regards, holger

kurni

Enlightened
I took pics from my Dereelight review, there were many more beamshots there.

The target was roughly 40m taken by Canon PowerShot S3 IS 1.6s F3.5 ISO800 daylight.

Throw-Dereelight.jpg

Throw-P2D-RB100.jpg

Throw-All.gif

• Orange – red reproduction was better than P2D RB100 (unknown bin), but not as good as SF P60. Note however SF P60 was much warmer than 5A.
  • Blue – green reproduction was comparable with P2D RB100 (unknown bin), but not as good as SF P60.
  • White wall was not perfect because it was a bit pinkish. P2D RB100 seemed too cool, and SF P60 was too warm.

Last edited: