Flashaholics - Halloween 2008 is coming..

Carpenter

Enlightened
In the true Flashaholic style - I plan on giving away glo-sticks this year. It went over as a big hit several years ago. I even had some kids the next year ask me if I was doing it again.

I like doing glo-sticks since they aren't too bright to ruin the evening, yet they are bright enough to allow oncoming traffic to see the little ghouls and goblins running around.

So, with Halloween only 6 weeks away, what are you, as a flashaholic, planning on doing to celebrate the evening?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for some of these:
rgbledlight.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Carpenter, the glow stick idea is great, where do you buy them cheap enough to hand out?

Greenlight, that looks like a fun toy, what is it?

Carpenter

Enlightened
Carpenter, the glow stick idea is great, where do you buy them cheap enough to hand out?

Look at illuminationz.com. I picked up 200 assorted 6" sticks for $.34 each. Cheaper than candy and more fum IMHO.

They also have LED lights (too expensive to hand out) and other sizes of sticks.

Greenlight - That looks like a street hockey puck for night use.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Halloween was actually ruined for flashoholics when the U.S. government decided to postpone the time change until after Halloween. Trick-or-Treaters only come during daylight hours now.

Chuck289

Enlightened
I think Halloween was actually ruined for flashoholics when the U.S. government decided to postpone the time change until after Halloween. Trick-or-Treaters only come during daylight hours now.

Doh! Forgot about that.
At least this year it falls on a friday so we can stay out later :thumbsup:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
WORD!@!

Screw those fools in congress who voted for that failure of a plan. I don't take trick or treaters earlier than dusk, and post a sign to "go away till dark".

Unfortunately, that leaves me with one fewer hours to do my haunting and then go out myself. Jerks.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
So, with Halloween only 6 weeks away, what are you, as a flashaholic, planning on doing to celebrate the evening?

I mainly stay home and pretend it's just another night. Been a long time since I went out on Halloween. Even if someone throws a costume party on that night for adults, it's mainly a Holiday for kids.

And in my part of the world, dumb-@$$ teens use the day as a lame excuse to commit vandalism. Kinda strange how the population of extremely hairy, egg-loving men skyrockets every October 30th. So many places sell out of eggs and shaving cream. :rolleyes: