Police Officer Makes Decision for back up light

peide01

Newly Enlightened
So with all of the help from cpf members and much research I have finally decided on a back up light.

I have decided on getting the Fenix PD30 at this time, now for all of the members that suggested Surefire, no worries, my girlfriend is going to buy me one and a malkoff drop in for it for my birthday.

I would like to thank everyone for the advice they gave me but also I have one more question. I am going to be purchasing from 4sevens anyone do much business with them, just wanting to know how they are. Also i am going to be using rechargable batteries any suggestions.
I thought about the AWs from 4sevens and a charger so i can order at one time and get it all at the same time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Once again thanks to everyone that posted advice to me.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
4-7?? Just close your eyes and give him your wallet, you won't be disappointed, highly recommended. Good choice on the Surefire/Malkoff combo.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So with all of the help from cpf members and much research I have finally decided on a back up light.

I have decided on getting the Fenix PD30 at this time, now for all of the members that suggested Surefire, no worries, my girlfriend is going to buy me one and a malkoff drop in for it for my birthday.

I would like to thank everyone for the advice they gave me but also I have one more question. I am going to be purchasing from 4sevens anyone do much business with them, just wanting to know how they are. Also i am going to be using rechargable batteries any suggestions.
I thought about the AWs from 4sevens and a charger so i can order at one time and get it all at the same time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Once again thanks to everyone that posted advice to me.

I always use the phone when I order from them (I like to try to pump info out of them on new stuff that might be coming out)...great people...they will help you with your batt questions...send you what you need.

Good pick btw. Great light ;)

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh...don`t forget to tell them your a cPF member...they will give you a discount...

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you get a chance, let us know how it works for you in the field.

-Trevor

IcantC

Enlightened
Good choice, let us know how it works out.

Also use code CPF8 for discount with 7777. He is a well respected and great dealer from what I have seen.

blinder switch

Newly Enlightened
Oh I thought you were getting a SureFire E1B Backup. I have 2 and I highley recommend them for EDC use. A E2DL light might be a great solution to go along wiyh your profession. I have 3 that I bought a few months ago and 2 have been doing duty with 2 different Bushmasters 24/7.

As I am not able to comment about Fenix, I have noticed that they are popular, so there is something good right there. I have also read here many good reviews.

As far as SF, all I can say is I wish we had these when I was in the Army blowing things up. My lights here get a good work out with the sun, humidity, salt water, fresh water, swamp and etc. These SureFire lights have never failed me. And as you would know as in regards to a life or death scenario - Not having some important tool not working when it should, could end up being the last day of your life.

My suggestion for CR123 or 123 batteries are to use new US made or SF batteries.

On a side note my new Aimpoiny M4s red dot sight uses a AA battery for like 8 to 10 years continous with their LED (Sweden). The Army is using this exact sight now in the Middle East. M68 CCO (close combat optic)

Good Luck and be safe-

Bill

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
Looks light a great light and am thinking about getting it myself... 4sevens is awesome!!!! Don't even bother with the shipping upgrades, it comes in likt 4 days.
Hope the light works out for ya!!!!!:thumbsup:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for 4sevens .... top class dealer
I am in the UK and I get free shipping :D

HunkaBurninLove

Newly Enlightened
I am going to be purchasing from 4sevens anyone do much business with them, just wanting to know how they are. Also i am going to be using rechargable batteries any suggestions.

I've done several transactions with 4sevens and AW.

No problems and good communication from both. Also, if buying a Fenix light from 4sevens there is a great lifetime warranty:

Fenix Product Warranty
*** March 13, 2008 ***
Introducing the new http://www.fenixstore.com/ exclusive warranty:
NO QUESTIONS ASKED LIFETIME WARRANTY
We have a new policy for all Fenix brand products. We are so
confident in these flashlights that we are now upgrading all Fenix
lights purchased past, present, and future to an unconditional
lifetime warranty.

Till

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if your department's policy has anything regarding strike bezels on flashlights?