Single cell red CREE LED flashlight?

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone make a single cell (1xAA, 1xAAA, or 1xCR123) flashlight that uses a CREE 7090-XR Red emitter (IIRC is makes 40 lumens at 350mAh)?

Actually, does anyone make ANY flashlight with the CREE red emitter? I've been searching but haven't been able to find anything but 5mm and a few Luxeons, but no CREEs.

Anyone know of one I've overlooked?

Thanks,
Robert

Marduke

Flashaholic
I don't think you've overlooked anything. I've never even heard of such a light. There are plenty of lights with a secondary red beam, or red 5mm's as you said, but nothing with high power red primary beam.

I do remember someone making a red P60 LED module, but I think it was a red Lux III. There is also this module, but not as small as I think you want.

kurni

Enlightened
I also looked for red Cree and failed. However you can easily swap the existing LED with a red SSC in your flashlights e.g. P2D.

Overdrive

Newly Enlightened
I also looked for red Cree and failed. However you can easily swap the existing LED with a red SSC in your flashlights e.g. P2D.

I bought two of these red crees(http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1776), they are extremely bright.
I was seeing spots for a couple of minutes after having powered one bare for just a couple of
seconds with only 300 milliamps. I'm not sure how much current they can handle,
it doesn't take much to make them scream. Put a nice reflector on that and it might be illegal to use outside.:devil:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Ah be cheap about it and throw a red filter over a light you already have.

If you have a light that you can get the bezel open you can put a round of red filter under the glass so you won't have to worry about losing or scratching it, all without making the body of the light look any different.
Your EX10 would be simple to do this to.

I wish I had better advice for you.

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robert, Wolf Eyes has that if you count an 18650 as single cell

Although I don't really want to go with rechargeable, which Wolf Eyes light has the red Cree in it?

I guess it looks like I might have to make my own. :sssh:

Glen C

Enlightened
Sniper or Defender. Also Storms and Thunders are available with this option. WE make a lot of gear people like Mike or myself don't list on the website, mainly because it would be confusing for the majority of buyers. The very, very small percentage of buyers who want this in Australia are generally government and they approach us for their 'unique' requests. There are some products we don't sell to the public at all.

Latest posts