A magcharger?!?!? I don't believe it!

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
So I live in buffalo and almost every weekend I go to a friends house in Grand Island(way better than the city). So, as usual, I brought some lights with me because we are usually doing activities all through the night. I brought my magcharger(my friend LOVES it!), Fenix TK11, and some smaller edc lights. Me and two other people had gone to the store to get snacks, drinks, and whatnot, when all of a sudden I get a call from Brad(on of the friends on G.I.) and all he said was that he didn't think a maglite could almost kill him without even getting hit by it... So... I don't even know what to think... actually all I was thinking was, "my magcharger better still be working when I get back"(lol). We race back to the house to see brad sitting on the couch with a (~)three inch hole in his pants leg. I didn't believe him when he said it was from the maglite. He said that he was playing around with it, felt the heat, and wanted to see what it could do. and the next thing he knew, his pants were on fire! I never thought that a STOCK magcharger could be capable of something like this!!
Has anyone else done this with their magcharger?

--sorry if it was a bit wordy... I'm terrible at telling stories:sssh:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Nice story!

I would not have expect that. Where his pants extra flammable?

The MagCharger might have heard him and decided to ramp up the power.

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't under estimate the power of a Mag charger. I'm pretty sure it was one of if not the first hotwired Mag here on CPF. True...yes?

mdocod

Flashaholic
a good reflector will move a lot of heat forward even on relatively lower powered bulbs (when looking at the grand scheme of popular mag-mod bulbs).. If the pants were black, and of the right material (like nylon or something, not cotton) then it's very possible for lower powered incans to light em up :)

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
Answers...:

-No, his pants didn't have anything fllamable on the( at least that I know of).
-The pants were like a light blue jean.
-And I don't think the reflector had anything to do with it because I'm pretty sure he had the light right up against his jeans.
-oh, and they were regular levi jeans

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
He formed an insulated pocket of hot in his denim clad crotch area. As heat filled the area and couldn't escape the temperatures climbed until smoke happened.

I bet if you wrapped it, you could make a standard Mag lite catch something on fire in an hour or so.

z96Cobra

Enlightened
My MagChrager melted the plastic console in my Mustang. It is completely stock. They put out a lot of heat!

Roger

IcantC

Enlightened
Either it did, or if denim, maybe he is playing a prank on you?