Received my new POB today.

DArklite

Enlightened
NIB, took it out of the box and fired it at the wall about 6' away and nearly blinded myself lol. I have it charging up now; I'll probably end up being the neighborhood menace in another hour or so. Not a bad deal for $60 shipped!
Just the thing to tide me over until I can get my mitts on an L35. :naughty:

Oh, and Bluebeam22 - thanks, it's all your fault :D

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Thanks, and congratulations!:twothumbs
You will be amazed at its laser like throw and ability to light up low clouds and objects nearly a mile away! Its beam is also visible in the sky from a great distance.
I absolutely love mine and it is perhaps the best light in my collection so far. Please let me know how it performs for you after you test it.:popcorn:

Patriot

Flashaholic
LOL bluebeam....you laser beam head you! :p;):D

Congrats Darklite! You'll have to share some pics with us... :)

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
I noticed that these are no longer listed in the auctions site at Sams Club anymore. Too Bad I was going to order a couple more for gifts.

DArklite

Enlightened
Glad it arrived safely and quickly :)

Enjoy it !

Thanks, that was some quick shipping - much appreciated!
I fell asleep last night waiting for it to charge - I woke up this morning to the pleasant green "charged" LED :)

Looks like tonight's the night to be the neighborhood menace :devil:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Thanks, that was some quick shipping - much appreciated!
I fell asleep last night waiting for it to charge - I woke up this morning to the pleasant green "charged" LED :)

Looks like tonight's the night to be the neighborhood menace :devil:

I look forward to hearing about how you like it. You will see how truly amazing it is when you shine it at something VERY far away.:grin2:

Originally Posted by Patriot36
LOL bluebeam....you laser beam head you! :p;):D

:crackup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

DArklite

Enlightened
OK, so I go out back after dark with the POB, found a clearing between the Douglas fir trees, picked a cloud, switched it on... BOOM. WOW. BlueBeam, you're right, this thing is a LASER. Dogs started barking, people clamoring, etc... I kept it on for about 2 minutes then got paranoid and shut it off lol :D
No beamshots this time - maybe next time. I love this light! :twothumbs

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
OK, so I go out back after dark with the POB, found a clearing between the Douglas fir trees, picked a cloud, switched it on... BOOM. WOW. BlueBeam, you're right, this thing is a LASER. Dogs started barking, people clamoring, etc... I kept it on for about 2 minutes then got paranoid and shut it off lol :D
No beamshots this time - maybe next time. I love this light! :twothumbs

I am so happy that you see why I like it so much!:thumbsup: It is such an awesome light. Hope you continue to enjoy it!

TheGreyEminence

Newly Enlightened
Amondotech, POB....this is where the evolution starts...and you know where it ends? yes...Polarion :devil::whistle::devil:
Anyway, the `POB IS a very good light with a good value for the money!

Regards...

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
Thanks, I'll give him a try. Is that bulb a direct plug in replacment for the POB light?

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I'll give him a try. Is that bulb a direct plug in replacment for the POB light?

Yes

See this for more info

POB 6k to 4300k Mod...that was easy

some people have said the focus can be improved by using the little plastic ring that comes with the bulb as a shim ! just fit it between the bulb and the reflector and see which you prefer ! ! !

Cheers
Pete

DArklite

Enlightened
Looks like a relatively painless (on the wallet) mod :thumbsup: Thanks for that info.
I just have to come up with the tri-star screwdriver bit; I have the 1/4" drive, universal, etc. Looks like my POB needs some Tim Allen time.

Latest posts