Did I make a good choice?

3wolves

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,
This is my first post here, I found this forum by accident. I'm more of a knife guy than a flashlight guy but I always loved lights too. Anyway, I ordered a fenix L2D Q5 in OD green from lighthound.com. Did I make a good choice for my first quality light? I have a couple maglites and a really bright canadian brand light with a 1w luxeon led but this was much more expensive. I was going to buy a P3D Q5 but the CR123 batteries are really expensive.

Spypro

Enlightened
It is always nice to see people from Canada here !
Anyway...
You made a really good choice. The L2D Q5 is a good overall light and I don't think you will be disappointed.
CR123 battery can be expensive if you buy them in "general" store but on the Net they can be found for almost nothing (primary). If you want to go the "rechargeable way" I always suggest AW's battery (can be found here)

Sevy

Newly Enlightened
Excellent choice. I've just received my L2D-Q5 yesterday, and it's my 6th Fenix. I absolutely love the 2xAA format.
I've never had any trouble with my L2D (P4 I think) in almost 2 years of everyday use, so you can expect good things from the L2D-CE.
OK, it's not progammable etc..., but it's a good light I fully trust.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:
Super choice of light 3wolves! The L2D is one of my favourite lights. Get good quality batteries too, Sanyo Eneloop are held in high regards and I can personally say that they work very well.

3wolves

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's not so much the cost of CR123s as the hard to find thing. I hate ordering from the internet cause I'm in Canada and everything takes ages to get here and there's usually duty. I travel a lot too and in some places, it's impossible to find anything besides AAs and D cells. I did add some energizer lithiums and about 5 packs or alkaline batteries to my order, it was like 6 times cheaper than stores here.:thumbsup:
Super choice of light 3wolves! The L2D is one of my favourite lights. Get good quality batteries too, Sanyo Eneloop are held in high regards and I can personally say that they work very well.

Hey are you the same tonym from bladeforums? Just wonderin.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome fellow Canuck! Good choice on the light and the dealer. Fenix is a good brand. You may find after you get the light you will want to get more. This is normal. 4sevens is also a great dealer and he has free shipping (which usually takes two week to get up here due to customs I presume). Have fun!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You made a great choice there.

The L2D is a well regarded light from a good company. I think you will like it.

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
A really good shoice in my opinion!!!:twothumbs I just got my first two fenix lights(TK11/E01) and Love them!!!!! Hope you like yours as much as I love mine!!!:welcome:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think you get the message; you made a great choice! Time to get some Salmon and cook/smoke it up outdoors the way you like it.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice. Not only a great light, but one of the few you can change into another light. With an L1D body, you can make it an L1D. With a P2D body and tailcap, you can make a P2D (in case you decide a P2D would have been better for your needs later on). You can get the light diffuser to make it an area light or the bike mount for a bike headlight. This light has many great uses.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice. Not only a great light, but one of the few you can change into another light. With an L1D body, you can make it an L1D. With a P2D body and tailcap, you can make a P2D (in case you decide a P2D would have been better for your needs later on)...

+1...I bought an OD L1D Q5 a couple of months ago, then I realized that the P2D is the same diameter and uses the same head (with different engraving of course), so I bought a P2D body and tailcap for the L1D head. This made the light shorter and brighter (on higher modes) than it was in L1D form...I love this setup! Using the lower modes for most things, the runtime is excellent, so it's affordable to run CR123 primaries.

Like it was stated earlier...you can't go wrong with anything Fenix!