L0D lost. Now what?

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a year and a half with my L0D-CE, I finally lost it for good. I looked all over and can't find where it has gotten to. It was my favorite and EDC. It saw use every day!:shakehead

I'm probably getting the Q4 version, but wanted any opinions of any other light I should consider. It must not be any larger (maybe just a tad). It needs to have at least a low and high mode and be at least as bright in the high mode.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Ainsley

Newly Enlightened
I HIGHLY suggest the Liteflux LF2X it is safer to run on 10440 batts than a L0D, easier UI once you have it programmed, has a great clip, and more durable anodizing.

The UI is basically: tight is off, loosened less than about 1/2 turn is low and loosened more is high. WAY easier than the tighten then loosen to change modes of the L0D. I have the LOD Q4 and with both running 10440s they appear to be the same output and have a very similar beam pattern.

The LF2X is a slight bit heavier and longer, but no big deal for me. It also costs a bit more.

Flic

Enlightened
Buy a cheap fauxton to tide you over (or grab a cheap used L0D from CPFMP).

47's just posted this tidbit: "Theres something special coming down the pipeline for the L0D's."

Gator762

Enlightened
Buy a cheap fauxton to tide you over (or grab a cheap used L0D from CPFMP).

47's just posted this tidbit: "Theres something special coming down the pipeline for the L0D's."

Yes, I can't wait to hear what is new for the L0D. :)

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LF2X looks like a sweet light, but I'll have to wait and see what the L0D news is about.

sabre7

Enlightened
L0D sized lights often get lost in association with laundry, and the nooks and crannies in the car around consoles, between/under seats, seat belts, etc. Be sure to check those areas real good before giving up. Its frustrating to lose something like that.

loanshark

Enlightened
Yeah it sucks to lose a nice light, and then to have to buy a new one. Or does it?

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
L0D sized lights often get lost in association with laundry, and the nooks and crannies in the car around consoles, between/under seats, seat belts, etc. Be sure to check those areas real good before giving up. Its frustrating to lose something like that.

Last thing I recall was tossing it into the passenger seat of my truck. I was heading off to buy a power inverter to get my fridge running as the lights went out in the afternoon of the previous day. I looked all over the floor, between, behind the seat. I looked all over the house. I'm not rich by any means, but it is just not worth spending any more time searching.

One way to find it is to buy another one and it will be sure to turn up.

Mikellen

Enlightened
Marduke, you indicated that a change to the LOD would be
an X-PE Q2 5A textured reflector and an increase in PWM.
Were you stating that is the change to the LOD? If so
would the LOD have a warmer tint and the flickering
be less noticeable? Any idea when it will become available?
I was just about to purchase an LOD Q4 but if it is changing
to the above I will wait until it's available.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Marduke, you indicated that a change to the LOD would be
an X-PE Q2 5A textured reflector and an increase in PWM.
Were you stating that is the change to the LOD? If so
would the LOD have a warmer tint and the flickering
be less noticeable? Any idea when it will become available?
I was just about to purchase an LOD Q4 but if it is changing
to the above I will wait until it's available.

I was just posting my own personal wishlist. In reality we know nothing whatsoever on what the upcoming change is.

However, IF they did make those changes (and I picked them because it would require VERY little updating on Fenix's part, just go back to the rebel design with higher PWM frequency), the beam would be floodier like the discontinued LOD-RB80 model, it would be very incan-like in color, and there would be no flickering even with fast movement in the beam.