please help newbie pic the best light. Olight T20-M PD30 Premium Q5

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I was leaning toward the fenix pd30. i lost my fenix l2d and i am looking to replace it with something bigger and better. Then i saw the olight t20-m. Looks pretty similar , is it better in any way. They are priced pretty close. I am looking for a light similar to these.

I really like the new olight M20 WARRIOR, but i think that is what you call a thrower, i would like a thrower but i use my flashlights mostly around the house, so i think the thrower may not help me,, although i would really like to be able to use a rechargable 1x18650.

If you have any other lights to mention please do. I want to spend not much more than 100.00 on the light. I want to use rechargable batteries. i want over 200 lumens on turbo. thanks i will wait for you guys to help me choose.

link to fenix pd30 -https://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_65&products_id=358

link to olight t20 -https://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=86&products_id=489

link to olight warrior -https://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=86&products_id=544

Gator762

Enlightened
You might want to look at the Jetbeam III ST IBS. 18650 only though.

For around the house, I haven't seen a T20 but it probably wouldn't be as good due to a tighter hotspot. If you can wait, see how P30D reviews are.

I just ordered an M20 warrior, but I'd expect it to not be a very good around the house light either.

ETA: Better warranty on Fenix too.

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
i will go and check out the jetbeam right now. you think the t20 would have a tighter hotspot than my l2d, q5 ? i thought it would probably be about the same .

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, tighter than L2D or P3D/PD30. But it won't fit 18650.
+1 to Jet-III Pro ST.

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
ok, i have looked at the jetbeam. Seems to be perfect. I can use it as a thrower or unscrew the head some and get a flood beam . If that is correct it sounds like the best of both worlds. getting closer to pulling the trigger.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
For something lower priced and smaller sized then the Jetbeam but with unadjusted modes you might want to see the L-mini too.

The Jetbeam would be a good choice though.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
L-Mini is only slightly smaller because both have to fit 18650.

I didn't know that ST is focusable.

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
L-Mini is only slightly smaller because both have to fit 18650.

I didn't know that ST is focusable.

I saw a video on youtube that showed the jetbeamII pro, and it was adjustable, i just figured that the III would be also.

Sector7

Enlightened
I really like the new olight M20 WARRIOR, but i think that is what you call a thrower, i would like a thrower but i use my flashlights mostly around the house, so i think the thrower may not help me,, although i would really like to be able to use a rechargable 1x18650.

The great thing about the M20 is that you can just use the lower power settings, personally I use the mid level for general use.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thumbsup: for my P3D. I have MANY lights and this is my personal EDC "go to" light. It's brighter than hell and throws quite well for it's size. I added a clip to it from a cheap Kmart Dorcy flashlight and it rides almost unnoticed in my jeans or any pocket! Never leave home without it!

Latest posts