NiteCore D10 GDP vs Olight T15-Q5

DualMonitors

Newly Enlightened
Hi all:

i'm looking for a very versatile single AA LED flashlight. it would be ideal for it to be able to be used in a theater, reading notes, in a car reading maps (both requiring super dim, low output so as not to be blinded at night in low light situations), as well as the ability to go very very bright for super high output, as well as the maximum currently available runtime. of course, all this is in context with low maintenance, i.e. not over heating, breaking, etc.

as far as i can tell, the NiteCore D10 GDP and the Olight T15-Q5 are the two most versatile models out there. May I ask if there are other contenders that you all might suggest? newbie here.

looking at those two options, among some others, i see that the Olight T15-Q5 is the best in terms of features and price, with THE EXCEPTION OF THE NITECORE D10 GDP. am i mistaken? or am i correct?

in every parameter, whether it be amount of lumens output, or the MINIMUM lumens possible (for super low light environments i.e. reading in a theater, reading the words to an opera during the performance), or the maximum lumens output (i.e. outdoors, maximum output desired), and maximum run time, it appears that the NiteCore D10 GDP is at the top of the heap!

of all the ones i've looked at, the Olight T15-Q5 was the best until i saw the NiteCoreD10 GDP.

i'd be most grateful to hear what your thoughts are vis-a-vis the single AA LED flashlight market in terms of who's the high performer, including who performs well AS WELL AS being super low maintenance, few problems, and maximum versatility.

yes, that's a tall order, but then again, these are all highly competent LED flashlights, rather high end, so there must be one that rises above the others and "claim" the position of being at the top of the performance heap.

thx in advance!

HotPursuit

Newly Enlightened
Hello, new here as well. I just got my EX10 today. Although I was busy packing for vacation tomorrow (can't sleep now, :sigh: always happens b4 a trip) I did try it out some around the yard and the house.

I have to say I am quite impressed with this little light. This is my second quality LED light, Gladius was my first. As far as the low goes, I believe it will fit your needs well. And the fact that you can reach the low or high mode fast is nice. The light also remembers your last setting, so you could set it before you enter the theatre so you do not blind yourself or annoy those around you. The high is very impressive for its size and run time. Its brighter than my Gladius and runs longer.

I will play with it more next week when I am back to work (night shift LEO). If I am still as happy with it, I will probably pick up a D10. I am thinking it might fit my hands better, then I could pass this one on to my wife.......or just keep it? :thinking:

I do not know anything about the Olight, so I cannot comment. I also cannot comment on the D10's durability since I just got my EX. I can say that it seems very well made though. I feel that is was $59 well spent. Shipping from four7's website was fairly quick as well. I did read here that some have had issues with some early models, but it seemed like they were taken care of.

I will add that the only other light I have in this size is an original E1E Surefire at 15L. The EX blows it away. But thanks to this site and reading up on stuff I will be ordering replacement bulbs for the E1E's that will make it much more usefull. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps you some.

Last edited:

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an olight t10 with the t15 battery tube installed. It is my edc light that I use daily. I use it on the lowest setting most of the time and the batteries seem to last forever. I am satisfied with its performance.

DualMonitors

Newly Enlightened
I have an olight t10 with the t15 battery tube installed. It is my edc light that I use daily. I use it on the lowest setting most of the time and the batteries seem to last forever. I am satisfied with its performance.
====================

thx, both of you for helping me out with your comments!

may i ask what "edc light" means?

thx.