still trying to pic light, what about jetbeamIII pro, focusing head?

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
Still wanting to pull the trigger on a new flashlight. Someone suggested i look at jetbeam. I was looking at OLIGHT, and the new fenix pd30. I found the jetbeamIII pro. It looks like a thrower but i think the head can be screwed out causing the beam to flood. Might be the best of both worlds. I also like the idea of the big 18650, recharchable battery. Does anyone have any experience with this light?

Will i be able to use it in the house as a flood , and outside as a thrower. I am wanting to replace my fenix l2d and want to move up in lumens also.

here is a link to the jetbeam. http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/jetiiiproibs.html

DArklite

Enlightened
No.
Only the Jet-II IBS (not the Jet II Pro or any other Jet model, for that matter) offer an adjustable flood-to-spot head on BugIOutGear's site.

1dash1

Enlightened
Bigfish:

If you are looking for a combination of good flood, long throw, and long runtime; try the X2000 (18650 version). Smooth, even, bright flood - virtually no artifacts. Ridiculous throw (outthrows my new M20 R2). Effortless one-hand control, flood-to-throw. 3-plus hours runtime.

However, if details such as hair inside the lens, rotund-body, battery rattle, flimsy tailswitch, mismatched head/body design, square-shaped focused beam, etc., bother you; then I'd recommend that you pass on this one.

It's inexpensive and works great, but it's not exactly what I would call a high quality light.

I use mine almost daily. I use it more than any of my other lights, except for my D10. However, the X2000 would be one of the last ones that I would show off to my friends. I have my reputation as a flashaholic to uphold! :p

I have a Led Lenser P7 on order. After it comes in, I'm hoping to retire the X2000. :drool:

Last edited:

nitroburn

Newly Enlightened
I just got my x2000 in the mail today and WOW, for the price I am sure impressed. If they had a higher powered model, I'd buy it in a second. I can't believe I haven't seen more lights like this. I wish the P7 light I had could focus like this :D