1st purchase Fenix TK10

scarfinger68

Newly Enlightened
I have been lurking for a while reading up on flashlights. Using this forum and other internet / youtube reviews I finally decided on the Fenix TK10.

I mainly wanted a light for walking my dog. I do have my conceal carry license so personal security was a consideration also. I wanted a light with a low setting to use for spotting the bunny rabbits and misc. stuff in the area as I walked my dog. I also wanted a bright light ( 100 lumens min ) to stun a bad guy. Also to scare of the occasional stray dog I encounter. And, I really wanted something that could handle rechargeable batteries.

I am not a big fan of the multi, multi modes with SOS and strobe a lot of the personal defense lights have. I don't have any experience with them either but they just seem too gimmicky and complicated.

So it came down to the Fenix TK10 mainly because it has everything I wanted at a decent price.
-Tactical ring for practice with my handgun and night shooting.
-Low mode for extended battery.
-High mode for blasting stuff :)
-Very decent carrying case in my opinion.
-several options of carry with clip or lanyard.
*Can use "AW" RCR123 3.7volt batteries.

I ordered my flashlight, charger "ultafire 138" and AW RCR123 batteries from Lighthound.com. Very fast with returning my emails and answering my questions.

I am obviously a noob when it comes to flashlights but the TK10 gets a thumb up from me.

Thanks, Joe

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
Very good choice in my opinion... I just got the TK11 and absolutely LOVE it!!! the low mode is perfect for walking the dog, and high is amazing for... ANYTHING(almost)

scarfinger68

Newly Enlightened
Yep. I got it today and walked my dog about midnight in the neighborhood. Boy! The low setting, 60 lumens, is pretty bright at night with minimal lighting. Bam! The high setting, 225 lumens, almost seems to bright. :) I feel like I am going to wake the nieghbors its so bright.

I can't wait to show my friends at the upcoming chili / camp fire night.

later, Joe

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have bought a lot of lights...and I believe you have made a fantastic choice.

I might recomend picking up some AW RCR123A's from Lighthound or the Fenix store. They seem to be more reliable than those from Ultrafire if I have read all the posts right.

scarfinger68

Newly Enlightened
I have bought a lot of lights...and I believe you have made a fantastic choice.

I might recomend picking up some AW RCR123A's from Lighthound or the Fenix store. They seem to be more reliable than those from Ultrafire if I have read all the posts right.

Yeppers. I got those exact batteries from Lighthound.com. They seem to work great.

I wasn't srue which charger to get but I ended up with the Ultrafire 138. I probably should of just got the Ultrafire 139 for more flexability of battery types. I just didn't want to mess around with the extension to charge the RCR123's.

Thanks, Joe

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats to the choice of Fenix TK10 Joe!

I purchased this flashlight some month ago and I really like it.
As you mention the lower mode of 60 lumens is adequate for many usual tasks and great when you want to have a long runtime. And when putting in the Turbomode it's really fine!

The beam is the most even illuminated I have seen. No rings or darker areas, just like a "circus lantern" but with a brighter center.

Regards, Patric

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam is the most even illuminated I have seen. No rings or darker areas, just like a "circus lantern" but with a brighter center.
Indeed with the heavily textured reflector the beam is very nice. I wish the TK20 had an option of coming with a textured reflector.

scarfinger68

Newly Enlightened
I have been lurking for a while reading up on flashlights. Using this forum and other internet / youtube reviews I finally decided on the Fenix TK10.

I mainly wanted a light for walking my dog. I do have my conceal carry license so personal security was a consideration also. I wanted a light with a low setting to use for spotting the bunny rabbits and misc. stuff in the area as I walked my dog. I also wanted a bright light ( 100 lumens min ) to stun a bad guy. Also to scare of the occasional stray dog I encounter. And, I really wanted something that could handle rechargeable batteries.

I am not a big fan of the multi, multi modes with SOS and strobe a lot of the personal defense lights have. I don't have any experience with them either but they just seem too gimmicky and complicated.

So it came down to the Fenix TK10 mainly because it has everything I wanted at a decent price.
-Tactical ring for practice with my handgun and night shooting.
-Low mode for extended battery.
-High mode for blasting stuff :)
-Very decent carrying case in my opinion.
-several options of carry with clip or lanyard.
*Can use "AW" RCR123 3.7volt batteries.

I ordered my flashlight, charger "ultafire 138" and AW RCR123 batteries from Lighthound.com. Very fast with returning my emails and answering my questions.

I am obviously a noob when it comes to flashlights but the TK10 gets a thumb up from me.

Thanks, Joe

5 years later and the TK10 is still going strong. I am still using the same AW RCR123 batteries.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still have two TK10; one used and one unused in box. I thought that I could sold one to some police officer but that didn't work. The successors have newer more efficient emitters but I would say that the tint is better than the most of the newer lights, warmer and no bluish or greenish tint.
Apart from that I actually think TK10 is Fenix's most solid light ever. Yes; TK20 is also very solid.

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's because the green tint is more visible on the lower outputs. My TK12s are slightly greenish too while my TK11 is more pure white.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought TK10 from the MarketPlace years ago from a guy who bought several of this model to get a perfectly white tinted emitter. He sold the rest off leaving the best one for me. The tint on my TK10 is just beautiful on both low and high modes - so there are definately tint lottery winner lights out there.

I'll keep my TK10 for ever for this reason alone.

James ....:)