What's with the lack of "Find Me" mode?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
100ms low output, once every 10 seconds.

Maybe incorporate a front-end GID o-ring.

Should be simple to do, wouldn't you think? :duh2:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
i agreee.....would be helpful....

i can see why tactical lights doesnt have that feature, but other flashlights should have something like that

MWClint

Enlightened
beacon would be nice to activate with a remote control...

say you put an IR detector led integrated into the body..
have it turn on whenever it detects an ir signal..
you could program it to your car key buttons or tv remote and
your flashlight would turn on in whatever mode you choose. :devil:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
beacon would be nice to activate with a remote control...

say you put an IR detector led integrated into the body..
have it turn on whenever it detects an ir signal..
you could program it to your car key buttons or tv remote and
your flashlight would turn on in whatever mode you choose. :devil:

+1 Big time!!! I would love to have a remote-controlled light! Great idea!:thumbsup:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Remote controlled flashlight.. . . .:shakehead

So you'd hold your flashlight in one hand and turn it on with a remote in the other. . . . . :naughty:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
LOLLLLLLLLLLLllll

"Constantly leaning forward to pick up the remote control from the coffee table is a tiresome, cumbersome chore that will soon be a thing of the past," Sony director of product development Dan Ninomiya said.

wow is all i can say.....

back to the flashlight though....it might be a bad idea.....to have another remote to turn on the flashlight....cuz theres alot of tv romotes and car remotes, heck even my fan has a remote....

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps Photon/Laughing Rabbit could incorporate a find me feature, along with a Q5 LED, into an improved version of the Photon Pro!!!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
NovaTac P series also have a Locator Flash that can be enabled.

The Locator Flash option dimly flashes the light every 3 seconds when it is turned off. This allows you to find your light in the dark.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps Photon/Laughing Rabbit could incorporate a find me feature, along with a Q5 LED, into an improved version of the Photon Pro!!!
I do hope they improve for Proton Pro as that light has not yet reached its full potential... but I still like it!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
NovaTac P series also have a Locator Flash that can be enabled.

I think the HDS has a "blink, blink" mode ..... Powernoodle has a thread about it somewhere. He has left the light on in Locator mode and its still going strong after 2 years :popcorn::faint:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
cool... what does it do? flash every few seconds? I didn't know those had that feature.
Yeah, both my IBS JetBeams have the low-flash-every-few-seconds locator mode; I'd love to do a locator runtime test a la Powernoodle (if you haven't seen/heard about it: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=132584), but my IBS Jets are my main go-to EDCs, I use them far too often to lose one to test for a *few years*.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the locator mode for one reason I EDC my jet ultra,and I walk my dog across fields during the day,my theory is..If I should loose it, it would give me a short time at night to find it.
I say a short time because,the flashes would also alert others.
And they may get their meat hooks on it before I do :ohgeez:

Last edited:

jupello

Enlightened
One of my lights have mode that blinks every 8seconds.. and I think that's a bit slow for locating the light. 8 seconds feel like pretty long time to be looking into one direction, and so it's pretty easy to miss the blink.. so I'd suggest a little faster blinks, maybe 2-3secs? That cant possibly eat too much battery unless you intend to leave it like that for days :D

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
+1 Big time!!! I would love to have a remote-controlled light! Great idea!:thumbsup:
I have a remote controlled lantern in my room 9watts 6vdc. I made a lantern with a findme mode in it too... remote lanterns are cool but mine says not to leave it on remote mode it draws about 4am which would drain batteries in time 100ma a day

Last edited:

Stainz

Enlightened
I'd likely need the light to find my car keys, so much for remote control. Now - I have one of the add-ons to my 2xAA Maglite. Several power levels from the tailcap pushbutton - clear, so you can see the red LED flash every few seconds. Very irritating at night - if you leave it out. That could be a low battery in a smoke detector... or Jack Bauer could have planted something. That little light hides in a drawer - where it's 'find me beacon' won't bother me.

In a serious vein, it would seem easy to put a third click position on the E2DL - blink the low setting every few seconds. My P2D has 'SOS'! Just a thought.

Stainz