Beamshots of Gerber Ultra Infinity, SF A2, SF Z2 with dereelight Q5, SF E1B and RC-G2

IcantC

Enlightened
So I just received my E1B yesterday night and it is an awesome light! Totally blew me away with it's about and throw outdoors. I took it inside and the tint seems bluish/purplish :duh2:. Outdoors, I did not notice any problems, so I guess that is ok with me. I love the size and output/throw of this light!

So I decided to do some beamshots, do this is my first try. All shots taken on white wall at 6 feet. I plan to take some outdoor shots if I can figure out how.

First up Gerber Infinity Ultra, very tough and nice light. Still running on it's original battery. I love this light to use in pitch black, provides more than enough light. I used it clipped to my cap in an attic and provided ample light. I think it seems a litter bluer in this picture.
2lc94m.jpg

Then we have the Romisen RC-G2, this is a light with a nice build quality. Runs on AA, I keep this around the home as a "general" use light. Gets little use, but recently read about this having switch failures after repeated use :/.

2dliyhh.jpg

This is the E1B Backup, nice build quality, very impressive throw for size. I played with it outdoors and loved it.
2rgjpy9.jpg

Here it is on low
2lu59bt.jpg

SF A2 LEDs only(white LEDs), I love this light for the spill. Will light up a whole dark room with LEDs to navigate. The picture does not capture the spill of this light.
dea7mg.jpg

Here it is LEDs and Incan running.
333lh76.jpg

SF Z2 ith Dereelight Q5 1SM-2 dropin, this is using SMO. I do not care about the "rings", since I use my light and don't shine them on walls :naughty:. This is a VERY bright light and sometimes too bright. The E1B will solve this, as did the A2 for me. With SMO it has INSANE throw, OP does lessen the throw, but gives better spill with no rings. I almost always have SMO on this light.

2guhbpd.jpg

SF Z2(on left) with Dereelight Q5 1SM-2 dropin vs E1B on high
1448lmg.jpg

So that is all for my n00b beamshots, any Q's let me know :).

Oh the Z2 is running on recently charged AW R123s, the A2 has used Energizer CR123s, Gerber is running on the battery it came with(a few months old and sees about 5 minutes use a day). E1B came with new SF battery. RC-G2 is running an Eneloop and has maybe 10 mins of use total.

Settings were on manual ISO100, fluorescent light, shutter speed 1/6sec, aperature 4.5, focal length 7mm.

Last edited:

IcantC

Enlightened
So went for a run tonight and has the Q5 Z2. Went through by the woods and shined it in there. It threw almost 200 to 300!!! Keep in mind there was next to no ambient lighting, so that helped. Will drive there later on to test my M6, P7 mag and P7 aspheric :D.