Wow, I changed my P3D to have the forward clicky...

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I ordered my wife a L1T and she only needs a on/off switch so I swapped the forward clicky with the reverse clicky on my P3D. I have to say I really like the forward clicky on the P3D, it is very nice, and in my opinion well worth the $9 you can buy one for at www.4sevens.com.

Instead of momentarily pressing to change modes once the light is clicked on, you can momentarily turn on the light and let go and re-enable momentary to change modes. Once you are on the right mode, if you want it to stay on, you can press all the way to click it on to stay in that mode. To change modes once it is clicked on, you have to click it off first.

I changed to the orange tailcap and I like that look too.

Thanks,

Alan

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
how hard is it to change out? do you need a special tool?
You just unscrew the existing switch to remove it using a pair of needle nose pliars or anything that fits and then replace it with the forward clicky in the same way.

The P3D could work like a proper one mode tactical flashlight if the strobe mode was not there with turbo. I would like Fenix to only have one mode (turbo) when the bezel if fully tightened.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately if I remember correctly you cannot tail-stand with the forward clicky it protrudes too much. The Reverse one is often a problem with certain rubber boots as well, it is wobbley.

I modified my switch insert with a few slim washers and used the low-profile orange boot and it stands solid. My memory is going so hopefully I'm wrong, about the FWD clicky.

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

The switch protrudes too much to allow tailstanding. I used needlenose pliers to change it, it was very easy.

Thanks,

Alan