wanted a few comparison pics of a firstlight tomahawk and a surefire E2DL

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to know what differences in beam shape and pattern there are between these two. I wanted a good medium between throw and flood so the E2DL sounded rihgt down my alley but I really like the ergo's of the tomahawk.( and no I cant "in cpf tradition" buy both lol)

FliGuyRyan

Enlightened
Also, to add on and amend your request, could someone please tell me (or show me) if the Tomahawk can be pocketed as an EDC?

Thanks,
RC

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
One more question about this light for the LE version do the colored LED's have the 3 levels of brightness? Thanks in advance.

JJV

Newly Enlightened
I have both and am actually carrying them at this minute. I have the Tomahawk GP. Overall output on high seems the same (to me) but the E2DL seems to have a much more concentrated hotspot and throws better, and the Tomahawk has more useful spill than the E2DL-probably due to the nature of the optic the E2DL uses. (Someone will surely come along and tell me that I am full of dung all the way through as I am not nearly as knowledgable as others on this board.)

Remember too that the E2DL is a dual-output whereas the Tomahawk has at least 3 levels. Mine does not have the colored LEDs nor the programmable feature; it's a straight 3-mode (low-med-high) like the Novatac 120E. If anyone can crack the code for the Tomahawk to make it programmable, I'd love to hear it. So far, hundreds of clicks do no seem to do it.

As far as the carry-ability of the Tomahawk, I can't see using it as an EDC personally as I work an office job and have to dress "business casual". The Tomahawk is a serious hunk of light that would definitely draw attention in the trou. Once I am home though I like to carry it because it is so different from the usual in-line light. The ergonomics do take some getting used to, though.

EDIT AGAIN: Sorry, I have no beamshots.

A tough call on one or the other, however. I would say the E2DL makes a better EDC because of its more traditional, slimmer profile. But the Tomahawk is such a cool light. Either way you'll be happy, and at some point you might have the funds to add the other (a move I heartily endorse).

Last edited:

Kato

Enlightened
JJV covered the beam qualities of both lights well. I definitely agree with his observations.

The primary white light and the secondary colored lights on the Tomahawk all have three levels of output.

I found that the Tomahawk is too bulky for EDC. The E2DL is much better for that.