I missed the shot

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I took this photo this AM about 1/16 of a second to late. Who can tell what I was trying to capture with the shot? I have been trying to get this shot for 2 years with no success. When I first saw the result I was spitting mad, I thought I had got it.

Answer will come later today if someone gets it or tonight if nobody can figure it out.

Missedtheshot.jpg

sunspot nope, try again

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably a Jet from a nearby AFB or military base. My parents got some nice shots of a stealth fighter flying over their house on route to a nearby base. Looked really weird.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
That was too fast to even be fun. Quickbeam is the winner of a free pass to watch the next Blue Angels practice. He will sit in an airconditioned room for this first class show. (My Office)

Missedtheshot2.jpg

Missedtheshot3.jpg

I got this shot 5 minutes later. It's no good but it's all I got today.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave you forgot to download this pic from your camera:

fc48fac9.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
x-ray,
That's what my wife said to do when I told her. I just want one good, legit shot of the Blues flying around the store.

I do like your work.

blueangel1.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:

I just want one good, legit shot of the Blues flying around the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok a little tip then....

Some digital cameras can take 1 - 2 seconds from the time you hit the shutter release to actually taking a picture.

Next time you see any fast moving aircraft take the shot just as the subject enters the frame (don't wait for it to be perfectly centered).

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Additional tip: Set the automatic focus to "infinity" (a sideways "8") - most of the time from shutter release to actually taking the pic is the autofocus trying to work. I can take very rapid shots by overriding the autofocus on my digicam.

[ QUOTE ]
That was too fast to even be fun. Quickbeam is the winner of a free pass to watch the next Blue Angels practice. He will sit in an airconditioned room for this first class show. (My Office)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now, about that M6... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Diesel Dave ... we go camping at Gulf Islands National Seashore for Easter each year ... one of the highlites is the often scheduled Blue Angel practice sessions.

Last Friday they were flying in formation and practicing leaving "heartshaped" jettrails ... did you see it?

Hey, I'm at Gulf Islands each Easter ... nice to know I have a friend in the area if I have trouble with my 2001 Suburban!