Keychain Light - Wee NS vs. La Petite Killer

heckboy

Enlightened
I had a wee NS on one set of keys for about 18 months until one of the tritiums was damaged and really killed my buzz. I just picked up a Draco in chrome which is replacing the wee for now. I've had a Drake TiCN on another set of keys for about the same length of time and it's holding up just fine.

I really like the wee (50 lumen model) and like the way the NS finish has slowly yellowed over time. I'll probably start using it again as soon as I get the tritium replaced.

Later,
HB

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
I got the Wee. I didn't even consider the LPK because I never saw it. When I saw the Wee in person, I just had to have it. It was the perfect size for my keychain. I do not like bulky keychains.

I just checked out the LPK and I still prefer the Wee. The Wee has several pill choices, the LPK does not. 25 lumens, 50 or 100. I got a 80 lumen, that isn't offered any more.

I hook it to my keychain during the day and hook it to a necklace at night. I love my Wee. I rarely turn on the house lights at night, even when going to the bathroom. Being on a necklace makes it hands free and points to generally where I need the light.

paulr

Flashaholic
The LPK is intended as a Photon-like keychain light, though much classier. It runs for several hours on a fairly common, cheap button cell, while approaching the brightness of the original Arc AAA. I'm really enjoying mine. The Wee is a lot more powerful, uses somewhat a exotic rechargeable cell which needs its own charger, and it's quite a bit larger than the LPK. It has limited runtime and is unregulated but it puts out a heck of a lot more lumens than the LPK. I find the LPK more stylish though that's completely subjective. The Wee is much more likely to amaze your friends with its output. The LPK is just sort of quietly satisfying. As usual, if you're really unsure of what to do, the best way to decide is with the CPF motto: buy both.

loveit

Enlightened
I love tiny lights but don't have a Wee yet. I do love the Draco and the LPK is awesome, too. The Draco (or Drake), however, is in a league of its own. If you don't need much light for most purposes, the LPK might be the way to go. The Wee will need to be charged often if you get it in the more powerful configurations. I still want one, though.

tricker

Enlightened
being keychain-able is really the only similarity i see between these two lights.......if i was gonna go with the wee i would add a few dollars and get the draco, the killer is a combination of what many people have been asking for(as i see it)....they wanted a titanium "arc type" light, with a new emmiter for the bonus runtime, not the extra lumens(as many think the original CS was bright enough)...PK answered these wants, but i don't know, you may love the wee, many do....the CPF crowd is hard to figure out sometimes:thinking:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got two Wee (Ti and NS) and two "Killers", both annodized. The Wee I carry is a 25 lumen model and I've carried it for some time now. The "Killer" I have had for about a week or so. A bit different function and beam and output. I guess the Wee could get by for a walk but the "Killer" not. The workmanship is great on both. Get both, I couldn't make up my mind either.

Karl

FsTop

Enlightened
+1 for the Draco. I've got Ti, although I think the chrome/alum looks even more jewel-like.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I'm just having a hard time convincing myself to spend $250+ on a keychain carry light, when I already have either a Ti PD-S or a Novatac on me at all times. The keychain light has always been considered, at least to me anyway, as a backup to if/when your primary EDC's batteries deplete or it is damaged/lost somehow. While I do usually also carry a few spare cells, Murphy's Law suggests that something else entirely will turn your EDC into a non-working hunk of aluminum/titanium. I've looked at Arc AAA and Nitecore EX10 for consideration, but to me, they're just a bit too long for keychain carry. At present, I've got a Fauxton from Lighthound on the ol' keyring, but I'm looking for a bit more. Somewhere in between $30 and $120 isn't necessarily a budget, but it's a range that I'd feel comfortable spending on a light that's inevitably going to get banged around in the pocket. So it seems like everyone here so far advocates an expensive keychain carry then huh? Well, I may just have to start saving up then.

Last edited:

Secur1

Enlightened
And another vote for the Draco, for me it's the perfect size for a keychain light, it can provide a great ammount of light if needed and i recharge it once a month with daily use.
I have the chrome version, it's been banging away on my keys for over a year and it still looks like it just came out of the box.

paulr

Flashaholic
I haven't tried a Draco or a Wee yet, but so far I haven't really felt the need for a powerful smaller-than-aaa keychain light. My personal distaste for lithium ion batteries is probably influencing this. But, I have found that a 5mm light is enough for the typical edc situation of having to find one's way out of a dark office at night or the like. The Arc AAA has been a traditional favorite though it's a bit large for a keychain, and the LPK really fills the same duty except for using a slightly oddball battery. At times I've carried a Fenix L0D CE on my keys when I wanted something more powerful. I guess the Wee and Draco are sort of the same idea except smaller. Hmm.

superflytnt

Enlightened
Just took a look at the "killer".....................I guess I'll keep my Photon II (DS). When loaded with a 2032 it is still easily 5 lumens and will beat the killa in runtime. Combine that with a momentary function (a must for a keychain light IMO) and much better reliability and I'm left wondering why anyone would pay the prices for one of these unless you're just a collector of different lights?

Keep in mind that I'm talking about genuine LRI Photon Microlights here, not the cheap knock-offs. LRI gold plates the LED leads so they don't have that annoying flicker like the cheapies have every time you squeeze..........

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
In true CPF fashion, I bought both... The LPK is great at night inside the house, and my wife now has the wee 50lm. on her keys...As was said, machining and quality are both great.