P7 Depth distance please

Weanuts

Newly Enlightened
I am new to these projects. Sure could use answer to,. or direction to this question The heat sink on my Dx P7 is approx .060 thick, area between the actual led and heat sink is approx .060. and led is about .060 When the led heat sink is mounted to my heat sink, (home built) does the outer face of the of the area between the sink (black insulator) and led actually contact the back side of the reflector, or how many thousands of an inch might that clearance be? (in other words, depth of led into reflector, how much?) I apologize for this way of posing question. I didnt major in english in school.

I have been told that there is a mod out there where as this distance is adjustable by turning an adjustment screw. I wanted remove material, or counter bore my heat sink, for this clearance.

Thank you for any assistance.
modify_inline.gif

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
the type style and any modifications of the reflector make a difference.
The WF LOP reflectors from a couple of vendors seat onto the P7.
You can cut the original reflector basically in two styles and both seat differently.
We need some reflector information and Pictures if you got them.

I found that point with three different reflectors and one light by hand holding the reflector and moving up or down while watching the beam patten on a wall. Once deteremined I could work with securing it in relation to the LED mount.

Last edited:

Weanuts

Newly Enlightened

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using this reflector, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12229 with this emitter, http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12721 , in a 4 d series maglite host with 4 18650 batteries in parallel. As mentioned earlier, had intended on moving the emitter away from the reflector by hand. It was moving the emitter into the reflector by boring the backside of the reflector that I was really wondering about.

I appreciate your post.

That reflector is made to sit ontop of the P7, on the black plastic and only the dome protrudes. Do not bore it.
The star does raise the P7 a bit which means you must raise the bell a bit, just a twist. Here is one I build on the same reflector and a p7 but the picture may be a sputtered OEM in it.
1.5 D P7, Modes, Charging Jack, Electronic GID & more
I likely will sell this one shortly, after I get more D2DIM boards.

PS- Missionaryman uses the same reflector in his P7 mods...
CPF was down...
would have PM'd but you are not a member of CPF market place.

Last edited: