Who else has seen "Mamma Mia"?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Who else has seen \"Mamma Mia\"?

And who else can't quit hearing and singing ABBA songs in the mind or even out loud?

Sure, the plot is THIN. But a live production with the USA touring cast (I saw it here in Houston) is a must see if you like comedy and ABBA music!!!

Thank you for the Music! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Re: Who else has seen

Joe,

I saw the show in LA with Louise Pitrie playing Donna. They went from LA to Broadway and the show was fantastic.

The plot is thin but some very creative minds went into weaving disco songs into a story that plays well on stage. Even if you don't like disco or ABBA, if this show doesn't get your feet moving or you singing along, you must be dead.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

Yeh Baby! It's a toe tapping sing along kind of show!

I did a search on the Web and came across the Mamma Mia soundtrack CD. I read some reviews that said to wait until they did a recording of the US cast (This is done by the London cast). Scr&w that! I bought the CD at Best Buy and I'm damn glad I did. Only problem is I discovered the woofer in my right speaker has croaked.

The chick that played Donna on this CD doesn't have near the voice of the one I saw live! Sophie on this CD is SWEET!

This is the 5th play I've seen live in the last 18 months or so. Only one I liked nearly this much was Chicago. Although "Big Band Dance Party with the Jiving Lindy Hoppers" was a pretty hot show too!

NOTHING but NOTHING like live theater!!!!

Size15's

Flashaholic

I've seen it twice here in the UK and have the soundtrack.
I think it's almost as enjoyable as We Will Rock You and The Lion King.

Musicals are great fun!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif