Should I buy Nitecore D10 or D10 GDP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironhorse

Enlightened
I am new to this obsession and this website is starting to cost me money. When I found CPF I was only looking for a light to clip on my hat.
I bought the Zebralight and love it but after looking around I decided I "need" a Nitecore to carry instead of the aaa Dorcey LED light in my pocket, but I can't decide between the two D10 models. I have been reading all I can about them, but it doesn't seem clear cut.
Your thoughts?
Thanks,
Chris

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
i am in the same boat. i was going to order the ex10 but now i am leaning towards the ease of a d10 and the aa battery. Since their is no improvement in lumens. I was thinking cree but most people are leaning towards the golden dragon it seems.

cabbynate

Newly Enlightened
Well I dropped my D10 GD and it stopped working so it's off for repair, replace. My D10 Q5 on the other hand is like the Energizer bunny. Don't get me wrong, I like the GD, maybe mine was not up to spec. Flip a coin, they are both good lights.

loanshark

Enlightened
While I like both, I think I prefer the GD+... I'd be surprised if you were less than pleased with either one. Excellent light!

What does your current EDC light get used for most? Knowing could influence the advice you get...

DM51

Flashaholic
Please see selfbuilt's excellent review, linked above by Marduke in post #3. It gives you all the information you require, so I'll close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.