I lost my favorite light yesterday!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was out hiking and had my Arc AAA GS on a neck lanyard. I took off the shell I was wearing and forgot about my light and it was lost on the trail. I hope it found its way to a good home. It was lost on the Western States Trail below Michigan Bluff.

When I first got the light I was quite impressed. It was noticably stronger than my DS. The fit and finish were outstanding. I shall miss my light. I just ordered 2 more...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Hmmm time to go hiking!
:whistle:

Just kidding, I hate losing lights like that! It just sucks either way but at least it wasn't a custom modded piece.
Go back and hunt for it again.

SASoCom

Newly Enlightened
That is a bummer. Friend of mine bought a house and since he moved he can't find his A2. He hopes its in a box of stuff he still has to go through. Everytime he sees my A2 he asks if its his light:poke:.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind words everybody. My partner and I kept our eyes peeled for the light. The hike was up and back on the same trail from Michagan Bluff to Deadwood. Deadwood is an old mining town in the Sierra Foothills and the only thing left is the cemetary and abandoned mines. The hike was 11.5 miles with 7400' of total elevation change.

I lost my light sometime at the beginning of the trail. We returned to that spot 4.5 hours later. No joy. It was like Arc handpicked that light for me. It had that WOW factor. I hope one of my replacements is an over achiever too.

Last edited:

SnWnMe

Enlightened
I dropped my E1L (3 weeks old) somewhere in the parking lot today :(

Lesson learned: While the ball cap friendly clip position is good for hands free, mouth free use, it makes the light top heavy which is probably why it fell out of being clipped to my front jean pocket. My next EDC should be in today (120E from yourcornerstore). It looks like I can relocate the clip on that one to the bezel and still not have a top heavy light.