My Dereelight failed

extremetito

Newly Enlightened
I went to Winfield Kansas for the bluegrass festival last week. I brought along my Dereelight CL1H V4 It's the one with the Cree Q2 and 3 modes. Uses one 18650 battery. Took it out to stroll through the campsite. Switched it on--nothing but a very, very dim output (less than lume). I played with it, changed the battery--nothing. Luckily, I'd also brought a TK10. The Fenix worked great.
Next day, except for some initial misbehavior (some flickering and blinking) it seemed to work fine again. And since then, it seems to be back to completely normal. I don't know if this a problem with the pill, the batteries or what, but when I needed it, it failed.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dirty contacts or misaligned spring? Sounds like a contact issue.:thinking: It could be the battery, the same exact thing happened to my Pila GL3 when I dropped it one-too-many times. Very dim output, the LED barely lit up. Turned out I probably knocked the chip out in the battery.

Last edited:

extremetito

Newly Enlightened
I don't think it was a battery issue--I had brought a spare 18650 and I switched batteries with the same result. I don't think it was a contact issue--the surfaces seemed to be clean and making good contact, and I disassembled and reassembled the light several times with no improvement. There was a v. v. dim output, and I thought the emitter had gone bad. But in the AM, it appeared to work fine again. Gremlins? Temperamental batteries? Anybody else have a similar experience? Any advice on what I should do? Any opinions?

artec540

Enlightened
I don't think it was a battery issue--I had brought a spare 18650 and I switched batteries with the same result. I don't think it was a contact issue--the surfaces seemed to be clean and making good contact, and I disassembled and reassembled the light several times with no improvement. There was a v. v. dim output, and I thought the emitter had gone bad. But in the AM, it appeared to work fine again. Gremlins? Temperamental batteries? Anybody else have a similar experience? Any advice on what I should do? Any opinions?

E-mail Alan at Dereelight.com